British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

17 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Come on guys this is 2019 not 2014  i think it is unquestionable that Jacob is now a far better rider than Scott is nowadays. Jacob coming back in will really strengthen Wolves now both home and away .

Assuming none of those variables in the everyday life of a speedway rider affect him: attitude, form, injury, illness, equipment, pay, travelling, home life etc.

They’re not just governed by their averages!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DC2 said:

Assuming none of those variables in the everyday life of a speedway rider affect him: attitude, form, injury, illness, equipment, pay, travelling, home life etc.

They’re not just governed by their averages!

They did last season.. and he was still far better than Nicholls.

10 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

They did last season.. and he was still far better than Nicholls.

I don't think anyone is disputing that overall, just maybe 1 or 2 tracks that Jacob has never raced on. However looking at the bigger picture it is clearly the right move

36 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

I don't think anyone is disputing that overall, just maybe 1 or 2 tracks that Jacob has never raced on. However looking at the bigger picture it is clearly the right move

Might want to check the Wolves Facebook groups. It's about 90% up in arms that Nicholls is the better rider home and away. Hilarious stuff.

As for the 'never raced' on. I don't buy that argument whatsoever. Especially when it's Foxhall and has changed anyway. Nicholls put in a sub standard display the other night. Thorssell would have to have had a bad night to only have achieved what Nicholls did.

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

Might want to check the Wolves Facebook groups. It's about 90% up in arms that Nicholls is the better rider home and away. Hilarious stuff.

As for the 'never raced' on. I don't buy that argument whatsoever. Especially when it's Foxhall and has changed anyway. Nicholls put in a sub standard display the other night. Thorssell would have to have had a bad night to only have achieved what Nicholls did.

I didn't realise that, not on Facebook thankfully

5 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

I didn't realise that, not on Facebook thankfully

The comments on there are insane.

Some insisting Nicholls could do a job at No 1!

12 hours ago, BWitcher said:

The comments on there are insane.

Some insisting Nicholls could do a job at No 1!

Have googled them, I see what you mean. 

Ash was superb for Birmingham last night . His form has really picked up last few meetings 8,10 and 11 hopefully he can carry that over too you boys .

• Like 2

Just checked the latest rolling averages including last night's meeting and Jacob is now top of the averages.

I was quite shocked to see that we are currently 1.89 below the 42.5 limit, although after 3 successive defeats I guess it's not too surprising.

With only 2 meetings before the next official GSA's are issued, home to Peterborough and away at Poole, barring a miracle we will be way under the limit on the 1st July.

What would you do to strengthen, if anything?

Personally I feel Ashley is a bit out of his depth this year and although I really like him, i would look at replacing him with someone like Jonas B Andersen who I was very impressed with last year.

The other option would be a no 1 but who is available and who would we drop?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Just checked the latest rolling averages including last night's meeting and Jacob is now top of the averages.

I was quite shocked to see that we are currently 1.89 below the 42.5 limit, although after 3 successive defeats I guess it's not too surprising.

With only 2 meetings before the next official GSA's are issued, home to Peterborough and away at Poole, barring a miracle we will be way under the limit on the 1st July.

Personally I feel Ashley is a bit out of his depth this year and although I really like him, i would look at replacing him with someone like Jonas B Andersen who I was very impressed with last year.

Think we need do something.Frustrating to see how Ipswich can go to Belle Vue and run them so close when they ride on a similar sized and shaped track too monmore and we carnt get near 40pts at Belle Vue.:(

5 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

We should have gone for Cook 

17 minutes ago, noaksey said:

We should have gone for Cook 

I don't think we will ever sign Cook as long as CVS and Pete are there. Who would you have got rid of to sign him?

If a stronger rider is available to replace Ashley Morris then we should do it.

Nick Morris needs to start showing some form in the next couple of meetings, he's had a couple to ease back in, now time to start stepping up to the plate.

Thorssell being top of the averages doesn't worry me. Whomever drops to No 3 will score big.

• Like 1

I don't think we will ever sign Cook as long as CVS and Pete are there. Who would you have got rid of to sign him?

Masters and Ash Morris 

You're probably right there but Cook arguably could've been a solid no1 when you consider the standard of the league nowadays. Masters hasn't been great unfortunately, especially away. I thought he might make the spot his own this season but he hasn't really progressed at all. Bit disappointing really. 

Edited by Perton Wolf
  • Like 1