British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

On 6/9/2019 at 11:55 PM, JackJack said:

Hi, I am thinking about going to a Wolverhampton meeting, the one against Peterborough at the end of July. Can someone give me any advice on which are the best (cheapest) hotels to stop in, maybe within walking distance? Where to park my car once I'm at the stadium, how much parking/tickets/programs are... Any advice for a first time visitor would be appreciated, thanks very much. Looking forward to seeing what Wolverhampton has to offer.

if parking a car at the stadium i'd make sure it's on the stadium car park and nothing else. it's a bit ropey on the streets round there.

hotels would be in the city centre itself where you could get the metro or the bus and then walk to the stadium.

• Like 1

Hi, I am thinking about going to a Wolverhampton meeting, the one against Peterborough at the end of July. Can someone give me any advice on which are the best (cheapest) hotels to stop in, maybe within walking distance? Where to park my car once I'm at the stadium, how much parking/tickets/programs are... Any advice for a first time visitor would be appreciated, thanks very much. Looking forward to seeing what Wolverhampton has to offer.

Parking at stadium is free admission is £18 and programmes are £2.50.

• Like 1

Send me a PM and I will assist as much as I can.

• Like 1

Luke Becker looks a great prospect 

Wolves season fading fast after letting Scott go. Thorssell not done to bad but Morris has been awful and i get that he is coming back from injury but scores of 6,2,4,2 are simply not good enough

Since Scott left defeats by 18,14,14 and 12 with no points at all

Belle Vue fans seem to be losing their patience with Ricky Wells, could he be the answer to replace Ashley Morris at reserve. His average should fit come 1st July.

Also, after last night's scores, Sam looks set to retain his No 1 position

5 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Belle Vue fans seem to be losing their patience with Ricky Wells, could he be the answer to replace Ashley Morris at reserve. His average should fit come 1st July.

Also, after last night's scores, Sam looks set to retain his No 1 position

He'd be ok at reserve nothing else 

1 hour ago, noaksey said:

He'd be ok at reserve nothing else 

Wells looks a lost rider this year. Isn’t even as dominant in the CL

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

correct poor again last night Aces fans losing patience with him sadly !!

49 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Looked ok at Monmore the other week....

We wont get a better reserve tbh

1 hour ago, noaksey said:

Looked ok at Monmore the other week....

We wont get a better reserve tbh

At reserve would be a no brainier.

How much do we have to play with tho? Ricky is 4.52 and Ash more than a full point less on 3.44.

Edited by stevebrum
Added detail

2 hours ago, geoff58 said:

correct poor again last night Aces fans losing patience with him sadly !!

Why sadly? He isn't good enough, always going to be the weak link .

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Why sadly? He isn't good enough, always going to be the weak link .

In the wrong position, absolutely.

1 minute ago, Wolfsbane said:

In the wrong position, absolutely.

Wells was always going to struggle at Belle Vue,much better suited to the Wolves track where he has always has done well.

Depends how far you are willing to walk in regards to a hotel.  The nearest hotel I can think of is the Novotel by the railway station which is probably just over a mile from the stadium, the walk would be along the Bilston Road.  A couple of car dealerships on the one side of the road (VW, Vauxhall & Toyota I think) on the opposite side there is a B&M, Go Outdoors, Renault dealership, Dunelm and a few other stores.  Far from idyllic!!

If you want any more info send me a PM.