British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

What's Nigel Pearson going on about in today's Express & Star , blasting some Wolves fan,s as keyboard warriors.           "Now is the time for Wolverhampton fan's to get behind the team, instead of turning on them.How some riders must feel reading some of the hatred on social media I just don't know".                 Ok,some aren't happy with performances this season (and justifiably so)but when he mentions "hatred",think that's taking it a little bit to far.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

What's Nigel Pearson going on about in today's Express & Star , blasting some Wolves fan,s as keyboard warriors.           "Now is the time for Wolverhampton fan's to get behind the team, instead of turning on them.How some riders must feel reading some of the hatred on social media I just don't know".                 Ok,some aren't happy with performances this season (and justifiably so)but when he mentions "hatred",think that's taking it a little bit to far.

He did the same thing on the Wolves official FB page.

Edited by stevebrum
Spelling

On 7/20/2019 at 10:40 AM, HGould said:

Pearson and his motley crew have ripped off the sport for long enough, sub-standard journalism; sub standard media, poor reaction to criticism. He is part of the problem with the sport, yet has an iron media grip on a lot of the Clubs due to his collaboration with BSPA including my own. Of course he is unhappy with social media warriors who tell it how it is. He can't control them and that's all he wants to do. "control". 

Spot on!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

NP is part and parcel of the reason the sport is in such a mess, I just wish he and his fellow partners would walk away from my Team now, and hand over to people who genuinely have the Clubs best interests at heart, its been obvious for some time, that they no longer have the ambition to move the Club forward, hence its slowly going downhill. Sorry to invade a Wolves thread but i just wanted to reply to some general comments about the Sport, and a certain person in particular though he is not alone in how he regards some fans..

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 2

Yipes..... this post could get Wolves fans agreeing with a Cradley fan. :drink:

Pearson is just concerned about his own interests.

if the slow decline of speedway continues as it is (actually more rapid than slow) so does his income.

but as with all sports that he is apparently an expert on he uses the keyboard warrior phrase when someone doesn't agree with his views or that of his pals that line his pockets.

it's also another chance for him to take a shot at anyone connected to Wolves due to his club affiliations.

Edited by dabbsjoe
  • Thanks 1

Pearson is a leech on the sport. I have no time for the 'spoon'.

• Like 1

Looking at the averages after last night Nick will be dropping to reserve on 1st August with Luke moving up, and Jacob up to no 1.

13 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Looking at the averages after last night Nick will be dropping to reserve on 1st August with Luke moving up, and Jacob up to no 1.

We must now have strongest reserves  in league.

28 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

On paper yes, they both certainly looked much improved last night. Kyle's pass of bomber in heat 11 was Kyle at his best.

21 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

On paper yes, they both certainly looked much improved last night. Kyle's pass of bomber in heat 11 was Kyle at his best.

Unfortunately this was against a God awful team.

My biggest worry is that maybe it's too early for Luke to be moving into the main body of the team and it could affect his confidence.

3 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

On paper yes, but we all know we don’t ride on paper! Be interesting to see if they give us the same power as Ippo.