British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

So Nick Morris signs for Somerset and joins Rory. Glad I've paid good money watching Wolves home & away while he lowers his average... NOT. 

Say it ain't so Joe (again).

Looks like the Spoons have done us again. Ugh

24 minutes ago, Lefty said:

So Nick Morris signs for Somerset and joins Rory. Glad I've paid good money watching Wolves home & away while he lowers his average... NOT. 

Say it ain't so Joe (again).

Looks like the Spoons have done us again. Ugh

It's good for us imo, he will be riding more regular which can only be a good thing

Same thoughts for Rory tonight at Belle Vue???

Hope not I want a Brit to win it. He is taking a Brits spot in the lineup. Totally wrong.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hope not I want a Brit to win it. He is taking a Brits spot in the lineup. Totally wrong.

Bill Andrew - Poole & New Zealand rode in two British Finals !! 

Was it okay then??? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lefty said:

Was it okay then??? 

Before my time but I would not have agreed with it. Schlein is not British in any shape or form. 

12 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Was it okay then??? 

Barry Briggs won Six British Finals. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Unbelievably wrong. 

1 minute ago, E I Addio said:

Barry Briggs won Six British Finals. 

Up to the mid seventies all commonwealth riders rode in the British world championship rounds

Just now, Hodgy said:

Unbelievably wrong. 

7 minutes ago, Tracy Bird said:

Up to the mid seventies all commonwealth riders rode in the British world championship rounds

That’s the point I was making. All this fuss about Schein riding in a British Final but it used to be commonplace for Commonwealth riders to not only ride in it but win, not to mention ride for Great Britain in Test Matches. 

If Rory has a British licence there’s no reason why he shouldn’t ride in the British Final. Plenty of foreign born sportsmen have represented GB in a variety of sports , notably cricket over the years. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tracy Bird said:

It’s very simple, to me. When you represent a country at international level, that’s your country thereafter. 

Any chance of Peterborough (B) away fixture being sorted out before Brexit or play-off cut-off date? It might be important. 

Edited by Lefty
clarity
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lefty said:

Any chance of Peterborough (B) away fixture being sorted out before Brexit or play-off cut-off date? It might be important. 

I can only assume there is a dispute over the date,  looks like dates available are 12th, 16th and 19th September

6 hours ago, Lefty said:

According to last nights programme We are disappointed with Peterborough’s lack of cooperation especially as the original date of 16th May was cancelled at there request. We have offered to go on Monday 9th or 16th but have only been offered 19th which is only 4 days before play offs begin