British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

7 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

I think what he means Steve is will the averages change again after the playoffs or is that the final end of season averages. As far as I'm aware playoffs aren't included in rolling averages so they shouldn't change again

With no league matches left to play I’d assume those averages for 1st October be issued as final averages. :t:

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Not quite - any qualifying meetings after 23rd Sept will go into an updated final listing (league and supporters cup count)

No league matches left to run, and play offs and Supporters Cup don’t count. 

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Really? I thought only league meetings counted.

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

In the Premiership league matches only count towards rider averages (as they do in the NDL); in the Championship, Shield matches are also included. 

It should be noted that only matches up to and including the cut-off date count towards averages, so the two CL matches after the cut-off (Eastbourne v Birmingham & Edinburgh v Newcastle) will be excluded from the calculations.

The effect of all this is that the 1st October averages should be the final averages for the season.

I was sure that the sets issued early season were including the supporters cup meetings???? Oh well perhaps not....

Why would matches after 23rd Sept not be included in the final averages? The season runs til the end of Oct (officially) so any meeting that meets the criteria should be included in the final averages

Any other scenario would be a farce..... ah ok its speedway so that suits :)

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I was sure that the sets issued early season were including the supporters cup meetings???? Oh well perhaps not....

Why would matches after 23rd Sept not be included in the final averages? The season runs til the end of Oct (officially) so any meeting that meets the criteria should be included in the final averages

FCD69A1C-B69E-4B93-A9DF-9F0F32301CAC.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

There are no more official league meetings to take place as all have been ridden so PSC, POs won’t count so official 1st October averages on the right will be pretty much the final averages. 

Dont think any of the PSC matches counted for averages? Pretty sure they didn’t.

Brain fade from me - I was convinced a couple if fixtures were after the average cut off date and of course thought the supporters cup were included

As a side note- just because the regs quote something doesn't mean it happens. This year the CL states league and shield but last year they didn't despite the shield fixtures counting.....Plus when it suits they are ignored anyway

If successful against Swindon are we really going to see home fixtures on Sunday and Monday coming? 

What's the risk of poor track recovery after the Sunday double header?

Thoughts???

4 hours ago, Lefty said:

If successful against Swindon are we really going to see home fixtures on Sunday and Monday coming? 

What's the risk of poor track recovery after the Sunday double header?

Thoughts???

You don’t have to worry :wink:

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 7:48 PM, Steve0 said:

You don’t have to worry :wink:

Your judgment was correct! The fabulous reception / homecoming for Wolves riders is now cancelled.

Speedway bingo now sees this Sunday's meeting (s) cancelled / moved back a week... and the prestigious Olympique cancelled / moved back five months. 

What dates can we expect to see on the respective programme covers???

• Like 1

Do we get to see the British Champion riding for Peterborough tomorrow?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lefty said:

Do we get to see the British Champion riding for Peterborough tomorrow?

Nope he should be at Newcastle providing it's on. The Championship has priority on Sunday. 

Bring spare biro''s today folks. Rumours / Jungle drums suggest P'boro have Richard Lawson and Kyle Newman in for Wright & Ostergaard..... and now no Tungate,  Proctor (shoulder injury),... and Garrity deciding not to  travel. In comes Tom Perry and old friend r/r .

Think Poole might have the right idea. :(

Edited by Lefty
Spelling

Peterborough have now tweeted a better line-up...

1/ Charles Wright
2. R/R for Jason Garrity
3. Hans Andersen
4. Richard Lawson
5. Scott Nicholls
6. Kyle Newman
7. Ulrich Østergaard

Garrity was a waste of a team place, good luck to Birmingham next year if hes reluctant to travel to the midlands area 

So that's a £20k fine for failing to complete our fixture list yes?