British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

10 hours ago, BWitcher said:

No he wasn't. Not in the year Stevebrum was quoting.

Ah right so the year he had the inflated average. Okay.

As Fred has accurately described, when in a leading number in the team he hasn’t been all that.

Which is what I’ve been saying all along.

13 minutes ago, acef said:

As Fred has accurately described, when in a leading number in the team he hasn’t been all that.

He won't be riding  at number 1 though so I would expect him to increase his average substantially.

14 hours ago, acef said:

I do yes. It’s funny how much noise this is making. It’s just an opinion. I believe that bv are stronger than Peterborough and that is all there is to it. Doesn’t mean anyone is right or wrong or that anyone or needs to be convinced otherwise.

I don't think its making any noise ?, its all about opinions , i definitely respect yours , 

My opinion is there's too many question marks regarding BV line up , (Bewley / Worrall fitness , will we get the 2017 Bjerre or last years? ,Lydsey inexperience, etc )..

Wolves look really strong also, Nick Morris could be signing of the season on that average , and if they get Thorsell back I'd have them as favorites 

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He won't be riding  at number 1 though so I would expect him to increase his average substantially.

He won’t that’s right. And that has been my point all along. If they sign Pawliki he will be a number 1 even though he may not start there. First set of averages he’s the number 1 and can guarantee he will stay there. Thorssell won’t.

Which makes wolves stronger. My initial point about this team was that it doesn’t have a number 1.

1 hour ago, acef said:

My only point about your comment was that you said he is usually poor on away tracks which we have dispelled as him having some poor away meetings but generally decent away from home.

He has only been number one once at Wolves in his career and proved in 2018 he isn’t a number one rider yet, like virtually all of those who started in that position this year barring Doyle and Lambert. 

39 minutes ago, acef said:

He won’t that’s right. And that has been my point all along. If they sign Pawliki he will be a number 1 even though he may not start there. First set of averages he’s the number 1 and can guarantee he will stay there. Thorssell won’t.

Which makes wolves stronger. My initial point about this team was that it doesn’t have a number 1.

Sam Masters is the number one as a rider of his average should be, he is no less a number one than Fricke.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Sam Masters is the number one as a rider of his average should be, he is no less a number one than Fricke.

Can’t agree with that. 

Not even in the same postcode as max 

7 minutes ago, acef said:

Can’t agree with that. 

Averages suggest that there isn't too much between them at the moment. However, I would say Fricke does have more long term potential.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, acef said:

As have I.

The difference is if signed for this coming season, he isn't leading the team.

He was an awful signing last season on the inflated average he was carrying and coming back from injury. Signing him meant the season was as good as over before a wheel was turned. That said, he's a rider that the club has been loyal too (and the rider to them) and have seen him improve year on year so in one respect it was understandable.

What would be absolutely criminal,  having thrown him in at the deep end at No 1, a position he wasn't yet ready for, is to not take advantage of him having a lower average and another years experience under his belt. He is still improving as a rider and has the potential to move forwards and next time he moves to 1 or 5 he will be in a much better position to perform.

I agree, if Pawlicki were to sign it would be a superb signing and at this point I could accept him over Thorssell.

What I would not be able to accept is Schlein/Masters being signed at the expense of him. That is sheer lunacy. The only excuse would be if Thorssell flat out stated he didn't want to ride in the UK this year... but then you would have thought he would come out and say something along those lines.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, acef said:

Can’t agree with that. 

Yet Masters gets the SGP pick ahead of Fricke for 2 years in a row?  I would say that they are about the same level with Max still expected to improve while Masters has probably reached his level.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, acef said:

Can’t agree with that. 

Average wise not much between them, Max may have more improvement to come and this could be his big year but at the moment there is little to choose. 

Max did half the season at 5 and the other half at 1. He kept number 1 once he got it. 

Internationally. No comparison. Max was an ef away from being a GP rider.

Fricke is one of the next generation of Aussies with great potential and top of the pack when compared to say Kurtz, Holder but he isn’t a true number one yet but probably closest of the rivals of attaining that.

Masters is a bit older than Fricke and are about the same level in the UK, however Fricke would be further ahead at achieving an international career.

Personally I would be very happy if we signed Jacob and Ash as the last 2.

We would have 4 riders who were riding at No 1 at some point during the last season and all had 8+ averages at some point in the season.

Backed up by Kyle and Luke with Ash spending the whole season as a reserve, happy days.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, acef said:

Max did half the season at 5 and the other half at 1. He kept number 1 once he got it. 

Internationally. No comparison. Max was an ef away from being a GP rider.

Perhaps he should have scored more points earlier in the meeting then his last race ef wouldn't have mattered.