British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

If Thorssell is back riding elsewhere then the temporary injury replacement should end once the initial period granted is over - no way should it be extended

Either Thorssell returns or a permanent replacement needs to be named - no further facility should be available

• Like 2

15 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If Thorssell is back riding elsewhere then the temporary injury replacement should end once the initial period granted is over - no way should it be extended

Either Thorssell returns or a permanent replacement needs to be named - no further facility should be available

As far as I know Scott isn't in as a temporary injury replacement but as a fully fledged member of the squad, which is what makes the decision over whether to swap Scott for Jacob so difficult. The only facility we are using at the moment is r/r for Nick Morris

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

As far as I know Scott isn't in as a temporary injury replacement but as a fully fledged member of the squad, which is what makes the decision over whether to swap Scott for Jacob so difficult. The only facility we are using at the moment is r/r for Nick Morris

If thats the case then can Thorssell even come back in?

Surely his average is higher than Scotts and I doubt the team total is under the limit

anyone think that Jacob has burnt his bridges with Wolves and CVS/Adams ?

he told them he was going to be fine when they spoke to him about being in the team. CVS has said that they were annoyed by his stories over the winter when they turned out not to be true.

wouldn't surprise me if he's not back here this season and Wolves stick with Nicholls

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

Really? Where did you hear this? I’d be surprised if Jacob has been released. 

Thorsell didn't start the season did he? Therefore Nicholls had to be a re-declaration rather than a temporary fix surely?!

43 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Thorsell didn't start the season did he? Therefore Nicholls had to be a re-declaration rather than a temporary fix surely?!

Why did it? Wasn’t Kildemand a ‘temporary fix’ for Holder last year? What’s different?

And Holder wasn’t even in Poole’s ending line up last season!

Edited by stevebrum
Added info.
  • Like 3

Not sure on this but has happened before in that there is/was a rule in place that if a rider finished in a team the previous year & is declared the following year, a facility can be granted. But, I do not know how r/r has been allowed for Morris as he had not ridden for Wolves this year & last year was at Swindon.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Why did it? Wasn’t Kildemand a ‘temporary fix’ for Holder last year? What’s different?

You're right - maybe different year, different rules? Different (non-injury) situation - don't know?!

Just now, Skidder1 said:

You're right - maybe different year, different rules? Different (non-injury) situation - don't know?!

Another example of change it/keep it/alter it/hide from the viewing public/make it up rules that gives another reason why our sport lacks any credibility.

Its another of those rules ‘it depends who is asking’!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

More like different club different rules. We’ve been there before. 

You'd like to think that where a declared rider can’t start the season who is a long serving club man then a bit of common sense could be applied for his reintroduction. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If thats the case then can Thorssell even come back in?

Surely his average is higher than Scotts and I doubt the team total is under the limit

We are currently 1.03 under the limit so plenty of room for him to come back

4 hours ago, dabbsjoe said:

anyone think that Jacob has burnt his bridges with Wolves and CVS/Adams ?

he told them he was going to be fine when they spoke to him about being in the team. CVS has said that they were annoyed by his stories over the winter when they turned out not to be true.

wouldn't surprise me if he's not back here this season and Wolves stick with Nicholls

He's very close to Pete and his family, the way Pete was talking at the pre season talk in he would have him back as soon as possible. CVS was less committal saying it would be a tough choice if Scott does well.

Jacob was fine when he first agreed to sign, the injury came later, he then  thought he was going to be ok by the start of the season but then didn't heal as well as he thought it would. He told Pete / CVS as soon as he realised he was going to miss the start of the season.

Imo Jacob will be back at some point this season