British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

4 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Really? Where did you hear this? I’d be surprised if Jacob has been released. 

Just my understanding of the situation Steve, I may be wrong

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Not sure on this but has happened before in that there is/was a rule in place that if a rider finished in a team the previous year & is declared the following year, a facility can be granted. But, I do not know how r/r has been allowed for Morris as he had not ridden for Wolves this year & last year was at Swindon.

A 28 day r/r facility can be granted at the discretion of the mc. However that 28 days is now up so who knows, the logical thing to do would be to replace Morris with Thorssell

3 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Just my understanding of the situation Steve, I may be wrong

Thought I’d missed an announcement somewhere! No worries. ;)

According to the Nigel Pearson, Jacob doesn't yet feel ready for the "demanding and technical tracks in the UK".And Nick Morris is a couple of weeks away.

Edited by Tommy Sweetman
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

According to the Nigel Pearson, Jacob doesn't yet feel ready for the "demanding and technical tracks in the UK".And Nick Morris is a couple of weeks away.

As good old ian thomas allways said,"its simple just turn left at the end of the straight"if fit to ride in poland or where ever he is fit for uk.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

As good old ian thomas allways said,"its simple just turn left at the end of the straight"if fit to ride in poland or where ever he is fit for uk.

Apparently not, it's fair to say there is no track like Wolves in Poland!

1 hour ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

I bet if the all of a sudden wanted to run a GP at Eastbourne and he was offered a wild card he would be fit as a flea and up for it........

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Trees said:

Apparently not, it's fair to say there is no track like Wolves in Poland!

A good observation from which we can conclude ( partially at least ) that tracks like Wolves ( tight and technical etc ) are totally unsuitable for modern speedway bikes. Hence the huge decline in support on the UK terraces at the same time as the massive increase in regular support in Poland. UK speedway tracks need different, less highly powered bikes to show thrilling, attractive racing that people will pay to see. All the spin of "Alive & Kicking" will be shown up as washed up dross by the end of July.

4 hours ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

If a rider is fit to ride - then he is fit to ride everywhere he is contracted to.  I assume that Nicholls was a replacement for him rather than a temporary facility.  In which case, he runs the risk of Wolves being unable to reintroduce when he can be bothered.  Nicholls, Morris and Thorsell for 2 positions.  I can see Morris having one of the shortest stints ever at Wolves.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

A good observation from which we can conclude ( partially at least ) that tracks like Wolves ( tight and technical etc ) are totally unsuitable for modern speedway bikes. Hence the huge decline in support on the UK terraces at the same time as the massive increase in regular support in Poland. UK speedway tracks need different, less highly powered bikes to show thrilling, attractive racing that people will pay to see. All the spin of "Alive & Kicking" will be shown up as washed up dross by the end of July.

Yeah and it's easier to race on the big, open Polish tracks following an injury, of course I guess the financial rewards make a difference too lol

4 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

That's not my conclusion at all 

5 hours ago, Trees said:

Yeah and it's easier to race on the big, open Polish tracks following an injury, of course I guess the financial rewards make a difference too lol

along with a lot more serious injuries on the Polish tracks!"!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Very true, Poland is where all or nearly all of the bad injuries occur.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

Very true, Poland is where all or nearly all of the bad injuries occur.

I admit I don't watch Polish league speedway, but I guess all the riders give it that bit extra due to the money and trying to hold down a team place. Maybe contributing to the accidents?

On 5/11/2019 at 3:29 PM, Skidder1 said:

Of course because of the speed and commitment ... Gonna add 'pressure' on riders to that list, it's all entwined with money as well ....

Edited by Trees