British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

I see the spin doctors are at work to make Thorssell look like the bad guy here... makes me worry it's to cover up not bringing him back.. which would be ridiculous.

On 5/12/2019 at 12:58 AM, BWitcher said:

I see the spin doctors are at work to make Thorssell look like the bad guy here... makes me worry it's to cover up not bringing him back.. which would be ridiculous.

There maybe some truth in it, he only got 1 point from 3 rides in Poland at the weekend

2 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

There maybe some truth in it, he only got 1 point from 3 rides in Poland at the weekend

Of course.

Jacob has always displayed a reluctance to ride for Wolverhampton, it's completely in character.

7 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

I don't read much into that score - he only had one race win in 38 rides in Poland last year.

17 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I don't read much into that score - he only had one race win in 38 rides in Poland last year.

But he's dropped down a league this year

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Of course.

Jacob has always displayed a reluctance to ride for Wolverhampton, it's completely in character.

Maybe it's not his choice, Pete and CVS will only want him back when he's fully fit, I'm sure they will have spoken to PK as he rode for Dackarna last week.

I agree, if it was up to Jacob he would have been back already

Maybe JT wont be back at all and Nicholls will stay for the season 

5 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Maybe it's not his choice, Pete and CVS will only want him back when he's fully fit, I'm sure they will have spoken to PK as he rode for Dackarna last week.

I agree, if it was up to Jacob he would have been back already

That's the point I was making.. Spin.

As long as he isn't loaned out somewhere.

9 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Maybe JT wont be back at all and Nicholls will stay for the season 

Only if Scott does well in the 2 away meetings or we lose tonight, otherwise it's an easy decision I would think

It seemed to be confirmed in the post meeting interviews last night that Scott is indeed only in as temporary injury cover for Jacob.

Meanwhile I heard that Nick Morris is back in the UK and has been spending time with Doyle in an oxygen tent to help the bone healing process. There is talk of a possible return for the bank holiday meetings with Belle Vue

Just now, Call me wolfie said:

It seemed to be confirmed in the post meeting interviews last night that Scott is indeed only in as temporary injury cover for Jacob.

Meanwhile I heard that Nick Morris is back in the UK and has been spending time with Doyle in an oxygen tent to help the bone healing process. There is talk of a possible return for the bank holiday meetings with Belle Vue

Did Scott say that? 

Have they not given him the script?

It's reported Peter Adams says different in his programme notes/spin.

No, Ryan Guest said to Scott you've been brought in as a temporary replacement for Jacob but you must be hoping it can become permanent. All Scott said was he will always try 100% whoever he's riding for but obviously he'd be delighted if he does stay.

There were, I have to stay, a lot of cheers when he said that. 

46 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Did Scott say that? 

Have they not given him the script?

It's reported Peter Adams says different in his programme notes/spin.

yeah Nick was at Swindon last Monday.

6 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

yeah Nick was at Swindon last Monday.

Was also at Poole last Thurs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

No, Ryan Guest said to Scott you've been brought in as a temporary replacement for Jacob but you must be hoping it can become permanent. All Scott said was he will always try 100% whoever he's riding for but obviously he'd be delighted if he does stay.

There were, I have to stay, a lot of cheers when he said that. 

I've no doubt there were. There aren't many fans left with any actual intelligence :)

If Nicholls ended up moving to No 1 or 5 and his scoring dropped they'd soon change their minds. They simply compare his scores at 3/4 to those of Thorssell at No 1 and think they are comparable in some way.

Don't get me wrong. I like Scott Nicholls and he is doing a good job BUT he is not as good as Jacob Thorssell at this stage of his career, especially at Monmore.