British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

10 hours ago, stevebrum said:

At reserve would be a no brainier.

How much do we have to play with tho? Ricky is 4.52 and Ash more than a full point less on 3.44.

The latest rolling averages on speedway GB site add up to 40.35 so 2.15 to play with. Ashley now 3.32 and Ricky now 4.42 so should easily fit if these figures are correct

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

The latest rolling averages on speedway GB site add up to 40.35 so 2.15 to play with. Ashley now 3.32 and Ricky now 4.42 so should easily fit if these figures are correct

Interesting to see if Wells gets the sack then!

13 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Why sadly? He isn't good enough, always going to be the weak link .

for him personally don't like seeing riders sacked by any team !!! but yes teams have to make changes !!

14 hours ago, noaksey said:

Looked ok at Monmore the other week....

We wont get a better reserve tbh

thats it he only scores at wolves which he should do old club etc done naff all elsewhere even at NSS  

14 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

thats it he only scores at wolves which he should do old club etc done naff all elsewhere even at NSS  

Maybe he just needs to get his confidence back at a track he knows well

2 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Maybe he just needs to get his confidence back at a track he knows well

your welcome to him but don't build your hopes up lol !! its not 100% we will sack him ? lemmo is pretty loyal we don't do many changes as a rule ? but the fans are unsettled i'm sure he reads fans forums etc and we need a winning team for attendances at NSS losing team will result in lower crowds which we can't afford sadly !!

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

for him personally don't like seeing riders sacked by any team !!! but yes teams have to make changes !!

If they are not performing they have to go, it sometimes does a rider good not to ride in the top league for a while and get their confidence back or change to a different team. Change can work out for the rider and the team. Wells has always been good at the tighter tracks so in my opinion riding in the wide open spaces of the NSS was never going to suit him.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

If they are not performing they have to go, it sometimes does a rider good not to ride in the top league for a while and get their confidence back or change to a different team. Change can work out for the rider and the team. Wells has always been good at the tighter tracks so in my opinion riding in the wide open spaces of the NSS was never going to suit him.

our main aim was for away tracks but he has failed sadly !!

3 hours ago, geoff58 said:

your welcome to him but don't build your hopes up lol !! its not 100% we will sack him ? lemmo is pretty loyal we don't do many changes as a rule ? but the fans are unsettled i'm sure he reads fans forums etc and we need a winning team for attendances at NSS losing team will result in lower crowds which we can't afford sadly !!

That's the problem, we tend to be very loyal aswell, I don't see us dropping any of the top 5 or Becker. Ashley is the obvious choice but options on replacing him are very limited

• Like 2

here's a weird idea - how about clubs stick with riders and support the 1 to 7. Too many changes - no loyalty, no continuity. One of the many problems

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ch958 said:

here's a weird idea - how about clubs stick with riders and support the 1 to 7. Too many changes - no loyalty, no continuity. One of the many problems

what about injuries ???

14 minutes ago, ch958 said:

And you've had exactly this with Ben Barker this year - a guy who has done very well for the Bears in his time with you, but obviously had an issue that the Redcar management felt was too much for their loyalty to him to continue.

It is a very good point you make - it would indeed be an interesting season if clubs could only change a rider when one is injured ….. and even then there would probably need to be something in place to check that any injuries were genuine. 

3 hours ago, geoff58 said:

I expect Lemmo's loyalty only remains with a rider if he is not able to sign one he feels would improve the team - Wells' place maybe safe only because of the maths at the moment. Lemon soon sacked Justin Sedgemen when Rohan Tungate be came available - and I'm not sure that replacing Jye Etheridge with Mark Riss will go down as one of Mark's better decisions!!

I'm not suggesting NO changes - there are just too many these days, far too many. Obviously, injuries and teams occasionally need to strengthen but to squeeze riders in and out based on averages like we are is awful. Once you have a culture of win at all costs you're knackered because not everyone can win!

We've been loyal to Barker - it ends in tears every where he goes.

Edited by ch958

6 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Interesting to see if Wells gets the sack then!

I expected he would have been gone now after that shocking effort at Swindon.

Bellego has been taken, there really isn't much out there.

I can only assume that we may ride on the back of the upcoming KL changes.

Proctor will be free potentially 

20 minutes ago, acef said:

I expected he would have been gone now after that shocking effort at Swindon.

Bellego has been taken, there really isn't much out there.

I can only assume that we may ride on the back of the upcoming KL changes.

Proctor will be free potentially 

There are limited options these days for making changes and it’s likely there isn’t anyone better on his average to replace him with.

As for Wolves they are usually loyal to riders but have been more ruthless in recent seasons.

Its all speculation anyway if it may or may not happen anyway.