British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

This season may well be done but we need to part ways with a number of riders in the Summer that haven't improved over recent years when you consider their current averages. 

Howarth, Thorssell, Masters and Ashley Morris to name a few. 

Get Freddie back regardless of the cost. People won't turn up to watch a crap team lose at home anyway. Time for the promotion to stop trying to do it on the cheap. 

Time to get rid of riders on averages of which they can't improve, rather have those on averages that they can actually improve. 

Edited by Perton Wolf

31 minutes ago, Perton Wolf said:

Time to get riders on averages of which they can't improve, rather than those on averages that they have no chance of improving. 

We had that in Thorssell and Morris, unfortunately they both were injured and that was the beginning of the woes.

Throw in the deterioration in the track and home advantage out the window and the disastrous season unfolds.

On 6/18/2019 at 10:31 PM, foreverblue said:

Why sadly? He isn't good enough, always going to be the weak link .

Because people want their riders to succeed and would rather not chop and change too much? I feel the same about Kasper at Lynn, desperately wanted him to cut it.

9 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

New averages are out, we have 2.15 to play with, we simply have to use it to turn our season around

So we could replace Nick with someone over 8 then.

7 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Nicks average is now 5.84 so 7.99 to replace him. Or 5.47 to replace Ashley, dropping Kyle to reserve

Which one is best I have no idea, it depends who's available I guess

Edited by Call me wolfie
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Or Thorssell with someone over 9 

• Like 2

Don't see anyone over 9 or even 8 who would be available and wanting to come to be honest, think Ash has run his course to be honest

If we had a rider capable of being a number one then Ashley wouldn't be under pressure. He's  a safe, solid rider, a Wolves man through and through. After his injury at King's Lynn and subsequent comeback he should not be under the spotlight. He's the type of rider that's made the Wolves a team to follow. I've followed the Wolves since the 60's and I follow the team - the Wolf pack. It was a good enough seven on paper at the start of the season. Get behind them and watch 'em win away. Just wish it was a home match every Monday and a damn site more teams than seven..... and No Doubling Up:drink:

• Like 1

From what i saw monday i would say replace the number 7 although i know it Wasn't Ashley Morris on monday i think Thorsell and Nick Morris are worth sticking with. 5.47 should get you someone half decent.

8 hours ago, Lefty said:

Just wish it was a home match every Monday and a damn site more teams than seven..... and No Doubling Up:drink:

Ah what dreams of what could be! And what used to be when a large number of people followed speedway. They haven't all died, it's just that as the racing quality fell away their interest died. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lefty said:

If we had a rider capable of being a number one then Ashley wouldn't be under pressure. He's  a safe, solid rider, a Wolves man through and through. After his injury at King's Lynn and subsequent comeback he should not be under the spotlight. He's the type of rider that's made the Wolves a team to follow. I've followed the Wolves since the 60's and I follow the team - the Wolf pack. It was a good enough seven on paper at the start of the season. Get behind them and watch 'em win away. Just wish it was a home match every Monday and a damn site more teams than seven..... and No Doubling Up:drink:

We have 2.15 points available to strengthen, it would be stupid not to use them, any other team would in our position

With Rory back at 1 from Monday, any thoughts on whether that will make any difference to team results?

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

With Rory back at 1 from Monday, any thoughts on whether that will make any difference to team results?

Probably not, i would expect Rory's average will drop but Sam will improve riding at 5. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Probably not, i would expect Rory's average will drop but Sam will improve riding at 5. 

Fully support that. Whoever rides at 1 will see their average drop.