British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

32 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

Indeed, if a rider already had a valid average then it was used. Adams just made up the gp 9.0 bollox as an excuse for not signing woofinden/pawlicki/lindgren, which was to say the least a bit daft. Only the most gullible fell for it anyway. 

I can't see any significant change at wolves. I did wonder if CVS was going to abandon Redcar to spend more in wolves but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I'll be surprised if there's any money available so, like last season, I expect that only another team ravaged by injuries will save wolves from finishing bottom.

But, and its a big but, there's no excuses for woofinden not coming back which will be brilliant for British speedway and could well save wolves again.

Tai won't be back next year, he is desperate to win back to back world championships. I really don't blame him for that. Freddy has also been asked if he's available next year but has said he won't be riding in the UK next year

One other thing that was mentioned last night was there are apparently 2 more tv companies interested in tv rights for 2020 when the BT deal runs out

4 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Going by CVS's comments last night this  team would fit with his thinking, 4 retained from this year,  2 fresh faces, one hasnt ridden uk before and one previous wolf returning

Sam Masters  8.11

Nick Morris     6.91

Piotr Pawlicki  7.22?

Kyle Howarth   5.06

Jacob Thorssell   7.25

Luke Becker      4.00?

Ashley Morris    3.57

Total = 42.12

The new rider to the UK could also be Mateusz Tonder or Joel Kling who were originally going to appear in the Olympique, but I think Becker is the most likely. If it was Kling or Tonder then Pawlicki wouldn't fit probably so the returning rider could be Ricky Wells

At the start of 2018 all riders that were GP riders in the last three seasons would be set at a minimum of 8.00 if they hadn't ridden here in 2017. Therefore Woffinden 7.03, Pawlicki 7.23, Zagar 7.55 and Holder 7.16 were the only ones affected but as Holder rode here in 2017 he could keep his average.

since then Shamek Pawlicki has gained a GP place (now gone) and would also come into the new 8.00 bracket as should Chris Holder having not ridden in 2018 here. So these riders, Kolodiej, Lindback etc would be 8.00 minimum if they were to ride here. 

As for Kling and Tonder, can't see them being anything better that what we have locally. Kling shows up now and again in Sweden but overall would be nothing more than a decent reserve but lost in the main body.  Tonder however is a very young lad at Zielona Gora who at 16 looked to be a hot prospect. He was given rides st the end of 2017 and had a few good rides but mainly struggled. This was the case this season and only averaged around a point a ride at reserve and isn't ready for the Premiership here and is about the same standard as Sebastian Niederwicz who rode in the Olympique

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

I agree, his last average of 7.32 should still be valid.

Why not? The 2 Poles from Poole were signed on averages from the same time (not Woryna) so it would appear that it’s perfectly acceptable. Unless of course it’s another rule change.

There was. What was Vaculik’s starting average for Leicester?

I think the point SB was that it never appeared in the rulebook or even as a supplementary rule on the SCB website - merely an 'understanding' between clubs for the 2018 season!!!

Edited by Skidder1

15 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

At the start of 2018 all riders that were GP riders in the last three seasons would be set at a minimum of 8.00 if they hadn't ridden here in 2017. Therefore Woffinden 7.03, Pawlicki 7.23, Zagar 7.55 and Holder 7.16 were the only ones affected but as Holder rode here in 2017 he could keep his average.

since then Shamek Pawlicki has gained a GP place (now gone) and would also come into the new 8.00 bracket as should Chris Holder having not ridden in 2018 here. So these riders, Kolodiej, Lindback etc would be 8.00 minimum if they were to ride here. 

As for Kling and Tonder, can't see them being anything better that what we have locally. Kling shows up now and again in Sweden but overall would be nothing more than a decent reserve but lost in the main body.  Tonder however is a very young lad at Zielona Gora who at 16 looked to be a hot prospect. He was given rides st the end of 2017 and had a few good rides but mainly struggled. This was the case this season and only averaged around a point a ride at reserve and isn't ready for the Premiership here and is about the same standard as Sebastian Niederwicz who rode in the Olympique

I think all that 8 point nonsense was put to bed when Peter Kildemand went to Poole as a temporary replacement for Chris Holder

If I had to predict the team at this stage I would say probably; Masters, Thorsell, Morris, Howarth, Wells, Kling, Morris

Always difficult to say if the team is good enough until you know what the other tracks are coming up with. But I don't think its impossible that all 7 of that team could improve on their starting average. And that's usually a pretty good yardstick that they would do well as a team. I would probably prefer a team with Lindgren or Pawlicki with Greaves instead of Wells and Kling. But I suspect a new number one isn't going to happen.

13 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

I think all that 8 point nonsense was put to bed when Peter Kildemand went to Poole as a temporary replacement for Chris Holder

Kildemand wasn't a GP rider he was merely a stand in reserve so didn't come into the grading even though he rode more GPs than many others. The ruling is still in place so anyone wanting to sign either Pawlicki or Holder will have to get them on an 8.00 assessed average. 

Think after the the management had their meet the fans night it's pretty clear Sam Masters, Jacob Thorssell and Kyle Howarth are likely to be kept on for next season as three of the four they said would be returning. 

Will the next be Rory, Ashley or Nathan, well it doesn't look to be JB Andersen and think Nathan is a rider they are looking at giving him a year in the Championship and could be looking at Tom Bacon more as a number seven as Peterborough are looking at riders to improve their team. 

One new new and one returning rider was the description given by CVS as two of the riders they are looking at and Pete Adams was quick to clear up that Tai, Freddie and his dear friend Nikki won't be in any team plans in this country, but did admit they have already spoken to Piotr Pawlicki and awaiting a reply. 

As as for the new face, most will want it to be Luke Becker but Joel Kling or Mateusz Tonder just are not in the same catergory and Ashley Morris is a better option if Becker can't be tempted. 

1 - Sam Masters .                     8.11

2 - Kyle Howarth.                      5.06

3 - 

4 - Jacob Thorssell .                  7.25

5 - Pawlicki or Schlein                 8.00

6 - Luke Becker                             4.00*

7 - Tom Bacon .                             3.04

Ashley Morris or Nathan Greaves could be instead of either reserve and the remains place therefore could be anything from 6.41 - 7.75 depending on possible reserve pairings (Becker/Morris - Greaves/Bacon)

Edited by INCOGNITO

On 11/20/2018 at 6:40 PM, Skidder1 said:

I think the point SB was that it never appeared in the rulebook or even as a supplementary rule on the SCB website - merely an 'understanding' between clubs for the 2018 season!!!

It was all nonsense. Rules that were rules then not rules then ignored conveniently!

Lets hope we don’t have anything similar for 2019 although my guess would be it’s very possible!

10 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

Kildemand wasn't a GP rider he was merely a stand in reserve so didn't come into the grading even though he rode more GPs than many others. The ruling is still in place so anyone wanting to sign either Pawlicki or Holder will have to get them on an 8.00 assessed average. 

Think after the the management had their meet the fans night it's pretty clear Sam Masters, Jacob Thorssell and Kyle Howarth are likely to be kept on for next season as three of the four they said would be returning. 

Will the next be Rory, Ashley or Nathan, well it doesn't look to be JB Andersen and think Nathan is a rider they are looking at giving him a year in the Championship and could be looking at Tom Bacon more as a number seven as Peterborough are looking at riders to improve their team. 

One new new and one returning rider was the description given by CVS as two of the riders they are looking at and Pete Adams was quick to clear up that Tai, Freddie and his dear friend Nikki won't be in any team plans in this country, but did admit they have already spoken to Piotr Pawlicki and awaiting a reply. 

As as for the new face, most will want it to be Luke Becker but Joel Kling or Mateusz Tonder just are not in the same catergory and Ashley Morris is a better option if Becker can't be tempted. 

1 - Sam Masters .                     8.11

2 - Kyle Howarth.                      5.06

3 - 

4 - Jacob Thorssell .                  7.25

5 - Pawlicki or Schlein                 8.00

6 - Luke Becker                             4.00*

7 - Tom Bacon .                             3.04

Ashley Morris or Nathan Greaves could be instead of either reserve and the remains place therefore could be anything from 6.41 - 7.75 depending on possible reserve pairings (Becker/Morris - Greaves/Bacon)

Piotr Pawlicki isn't a GP rider, he hasnt been since 2017, the same situation as Peter Kildemand

Tom Bacon is a real possibility but had a serious injury at the end of this season so will he be fully fit? He may need a season in the championship to fully recover

Edited by Call me wolfie

Comments from Peter Adams in this week's Speedway Star seems to confirm that neither Freddie, Tai or Pawlicki will be in the Wolves team next year. So I think my prediction of Masters, Thorsell, Nick Morris, Howarth, Wells, Morris and maybe Kling wont be far off the  mark.

1 minute ago, fish keeper said:

schlein signed  for somerset 

Won't make any difference to Wolves if they want Schlein and he wants to ride for them he will:wink:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DJWolves said:

Maybe Rory will double up with Somerset and Ipswich, but lets see

didn't he have a big fall out with Chris Louis last season ?