British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington v Scunthorpe 22/09/18 7:00pm Ch Sh

Workington's second meeting of the weekend is against Scunthorpe in the Championship Shield (its been that long I don't know what its about) with the Comets only needing a win to advance into the next round?

Weather looks good,  the Comets have Ben Barker as a guest for the injured Dan Bewley and Ty Proctor back from injury. 

I think it will be a bit closer this time around, don't expect Scunny to just lie down because they don't have any advantage from the home leg?

They'll be up for it no doubt and to be fair any winning score will do for me, ill stick with the first figure that came into my head tho 50-40!! ;) 

Guest WTF1

Can't see Scunthorpe getting 36 points having just seen the result v Newcastle tonight especially with Manzares and Phillips at reserve

My views on tonight's meeting (Preview)

Workington Comets

Nicolai Klindt - Looked good last night but never incredibly fast, however his gating was more up to standards as he still battles with his clutch troubles in the UK.

Rasmus Jensen - Another impressive home meeting and will take some stopping. Could well be in for another big score tonight but needs to be firing well.

Ben Barker (G) - Always impressive but is renowned to not be the fastest from the traps, Looked brilliant for Redcar/Peterborough but not the same last time out in the blue and white. Still good for a decent amount whatever one we get.

Rene Bach - A good partner for Ben, been looking good from the gates and is fast enough as shown last night.

Ty Proctor - Made a good comeback last night, yet only came out 3 times but looked a lot better since the last time he was at his home track. Also has a point to prove after being left behind on the victory lap following heat 15 ;)

Kyle Bickley - Could be in for perhaps his biggest score this season, outpaced Danny at Berwick in 'Stars Of Tomorrow'.

Mason Campton - Looked very good (As he has done most of this year) Comets' fans will be hoping for the same as yesterday.

Scunthorpe Scorpions

Steve Worrall - Not 100% but still good enough to challenge tonight and needs to be as expected from the word "go".

Stefan Nielsen - First time at Workington in a long time (I believe so) but is a trier wherever he goes but if the comets are riding like 24 hours prior he might need to surprise a few.

Jason Garrity - Always is impressive on the bigger tracks, also fully it and in some form, theoretically should do better than last time.

Jake Allen - Shown last time he is very capable but did also run 2 lasts when the Scorpions visited earlier in the season - yet bagged 3 wins and a 2nd.

Josh Auty - Unlucky last time up in the North West after a nasty looking crash but is again a rider who knows how to get around Derwent Park as shown in the past.

Danny Phillips - Sadly not looking on the best of form and doesn't look to turn it around tonight, but is still capable for a few points on his day.

Gino Manzares - Again capable of scoring at least his expected average, and has come into some slightly better form in recent weeks, be nice to see if he can keep it going tonight.

Predicted Score

Workington - 49 (94)

Scunthorpe - 41 (86)

Edited by Shaggy

Guest WTF1

Glad when this season is over,  didn't want to be proved right with my prediction but the season has descended into a complete farce with the inclusion of Phillips and Manzares

If it's true what I heard about Ty Proctor tonight it's disgusting. I don't care what the reason is for him to take that attitude and throw every single toy from his pram.

Who else noticed he was not the captain tonight at the coin toss.

Disgusting attitude 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GMM said:

If it's true what I heard about Ty Proctor tonight it's disgusting. I don't care what the reason is for him to take that attitude and throw every single toy from his pram.

Disgusting attitude 

What has he done now?

6 minutes ago, GMM said:

Disgusting attitude 

The announcer told us at the start that Mason Campton was the team captain for the night.

• Like 1

Ty was captain last night and was captain tonight until he refused to be captain tonight.

And his first ride was not his bike giving in either !!!!

Like I say disgusting attitude 

5 minutes ago, GMM said:

Ty was captain last night and was captain tonight until he refused to be captain tonight.

And his first ride was not his bike giving in either !!!!

Like I say disgusting attitude 

Must admit it did look a bit of strange pull up in his first ride.........rode ok after that tho......maybe the Comets captain sorted it/him.... lol