British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington v Scunthorpe 22/09/18 7:00pm Ch Sh

Just now, Tsunami said:

Proctor has always been like that, thumping pit walls and shouting aloud. He is a moody person and I saw plenty of him when I visited Redcar when he rode for them. His actions last night appear to be very unprofessional, and I'm very pleased that Tony and Steve seem to have said the right things and got a satisfactory performance from him afterwards. Be a shame if the actions of a rider, acting like a petulant child, spoiled the show that all of the team and management have worked hard to get for themselves and their fans. I would never have Ty in my team any year.

Frankly his behaviour makes him unemployable even when he has a point he just doesn't know how to make it other than to become abusive and confrontational.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Byker Biker said:

Frankly his behaviour makes him unemployable even when he has a point he just doesn't know how to make it other than to become abusive and confrontational.

Interestingly George in his programme notes last week said what a pleasure it had been to work with the riders in Diamonds team this year. He also said "I was recently talking to one of my colleagues from a side that is challenging for honours and although his side have done very well he has had nothing but problems with his riders .......which should have been enjoyable one for him but has been anything but."

People can make their own mind up about that. :o

• Haha 1

Just to offer a different viewpoint Proctor has been brilliant this year at Lynn, his performances have exceeded expectations considerably and like the rest of the team he has bought into the teamwork approach and has been fully involved in the team spirit and togetherness. 

• Like 1

I am obviously not privy to what goes on behind the scenes but Ty has been brilliant for us on the track this year. He has probably been one of the busiest riders around and seemed to score consistently well for whoever he has guested for.

I am assuming any negative comments from supporters of rival teams are firmly tongue in cheek, as he would have walked into most, if not all teams this year particularly Newcastle. At least he has always turned up unless he was been injured.

Hopefully Ty will be back again with us next season, if not I am sure he wont be short of offers.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

I am obviously not privy to what goes on behind the scenes but Ty has been brilliant for us on the track this year. He has probably been one of the busiest riders around and seemed to score consistently well for whoever he has guested for.

I am assuming any negative comments from supporters of rival teams are firmly tongue in cheek, as he would have walked into most, if not all teams this year particularly Newcastle. At least he has always turned up unless he was been injured.

Hopefully Ty will be back again with us next season, if not I am sure he wont be short of offers.

Sounds like another attempt to undermine the Comets, introduce some bad feeling between the rider's to put us off our stroke.....these voices that were heard, didn't happen to have a Scottish accent by any chance?? :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Interestingly George in his programme notes last week said what a pleasure it had been to work with the riders in Diamonds team this year. He also said "I was recently talking to one of my colleagues from a side that is challenging for honours and although his side have done very well he has had nothing but problems with his riders .......which should have been enjoyable one for him but has been anything but."

Bit childish from you tsunami.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Bit childish from you tsunami.

Just quoting facts. Life is different on the other side sometimes.

Edited by Tsunami

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

"programme notes last week"......so that was versus the Comets then...don't believe you mate........

I tend not to get involved in the pits gossip, he said that , he had a spat talk, all hearsay and un truths most of the time.

Any way regarding the Scunthorpe meeting it was more entertaining than the Newcastle meeting on Friday, standout riders being Ben Barker and Jake Allen , the Scorpions kept it close for the first seven heats before Campton and Jensen got a 5-1 in heat 8 and slowly built up a big lead..

I thought it would be a much closer contest but Scunthorpe turned out to be a virtual 2 man team though they were not helped by falls from Auty and Garrity later in the meeting.

Kyle Bickley is slowly getting there, showing a greater determination especially in the fist and second bends of the first lap.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Byker Biker said:

Are you not getting Ty confused with the antics of another Aussie at Swindon..?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, topaz325 said:

I tend not to get involved in the pits gossip, he said that , he had a spat talk, all hearsay and un truths most of the time.

Any way regarding the Scunthorpe meeting it was more entertaining than the Newcastle meeting on Friday, standout riders being Ben Barker and Jake Allen , the Scorpions kept it close for the first seven heats before Campton and Jensen got a 5-1 in heat 8 and slowly built up a big lead..

I thought it would be a much closer contest but Scunthorpe turned out to be a virtual 2 man team though they were not helped by falls from Auty and Garrity later in the meeting.

Kyle Bickley is slowly getting there, showing a greater determination especially in the fist and second bends of the first lap.

Yep last night much better than a woeful Newcastle effort...depleted team or not it wasn't worth my £13 (old git fee).....didn't cash in on my £3 deduction either last night (yep silly old git).

Think the geordies on here are stirring it big style.....can't see them running next season......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, singy13 said:

Yep last night much better than a woeful Newcastle effort...depleted team or not it wasn't worth my £13 (old git fee).....didn't cash in on my £3 deduction either last night (yep silly old git).

Think the geordies on here are stirring it big style.....can't see them running next season......

It seems that they are definitely running next year.

Edited by topaz325
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Are you not getting Ty confused with the antics of another Aussie at Swindon..?

Absolutely not, I've known him a long time

52 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Just quoting facts. Life is different on the other side sometimes.

Really !! Low stoop from you Tsunami :rolleyes:  I’m sure there’s another 3 teams challenging for honours so I’ll take your comments with a pinch of salt ,thanks 

Edited by Taylorj
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

problems behind closed doors or not 

1 thing is obvious 

weve never had a comets team that have geled and worked together as much as this years 

id have the full 1 to 7 back next year no problem if they all wanted to come back 

• Like 6