British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington v Scunthorpe 22/09/18 7:00pm Ch Sh

38 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

It seems that they are definitely running next year.

Well they only scraped into it this season after a worrying winter.....are they so much better off now ?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

I tend not to get involved in the pits gossip, he said that , he had a spat talk, all hearsay and un truths most of the time.

Any way regarding the Scunthorpe meeting it was more entertaining than the Newcastle meeting on Friday, standout riders being Ben Barker and Jake Allen , the Scorpions kept it close for the first seven heats before Campton and Jensen got a 5-1 in heat 8 and slowly built up a big lead..

I thought it would be a much closer contest but Scunthorpe turned out to be a virtual 2 man team though they were not helped by falls from Auty and Garrity later in the meeting.

Kyle Bickley is slowly getting there, showing a greater determination especially in the fist and second bends of the first lap.

Just needs to get looser on 3 and 4 as he seems to take it a little too tight (Like Wells did a few years back) and he's cracked it really. The rest will come in time. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Yep last night much better than a woeful Newcastle effort...depleted team or not it wasn't worth my £13 (old git fee).....didn't cash in on my £3 deduction either last night (yep silly old git).

Think the geordies on here are stirring it big style.....can't see them running next season......

Yes,I don't see Tony Jackson divulging in tittle tattle with a fellow promoter, knowing it would spiral out of control like it has here sounds like bull to me, and as for proctor being unemployable that's laughable,he's guested for most of the premier league this term,and I'd sooner have a rider with a bit of fire in his belly,and loses his rag now and again so what,prefer him to the matej kus of this game whose contributions are solely based on what position he's in after the first bend

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Shaggy said:

Just needs to get looser on 3 and 4 as he seems to take it a little too tight (Like Wells did a few years back) and he's cracked it really. The rest will come in time. 

Yeah got the style, gating better each week...it will all be fine soon as you say.

4 minutes ago, gregory peck said:

Yes,I don't see Tony Jackson divulging in tittle tattle with a fellow promoter, knowing it would spiral out of control like it has here sounds like bull to me, and as for proctor being unemployable that's laughable,he's guested for most of the premier league this term,and I'd sooner have a rider with a bit of fire in his belly,and loses his rag now and again so what,prefer him to the matej kus of this game whose contributions are solely based on what position he's in after the first bend

Maybe tsunami can copy the relevant programme page onto here to confirm his comments about a Workington official ???

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

kyles pass on stevie worral going into 3rd bend last night shows its coming 

the fact that atevie passed him back easily dosnt alter my opinion that kyle is starting to relax and believe he can do it now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, singy13 said:

Maybe tsunami can copy the relevant programme page onto here to confirm his comments about a Workington official ???

I quoted it word for word, and it's uo to you if you think it is Tony Jackson.

Lost my bet that it would be homer Taylorj first to reply and deny it. :D

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

kyles pass on stevie worral going into 3rd bend last night shows its coming 

the fact that atevie passed him back easily dosnt alter my opinion that kyle is starting to relax and believe he can do it now

I totally agree. If you looked at Kyle at the start of the season nobody would've thought he would do that. Coming on leaps and bounds and a real prospect for the future of World Speedway

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Lost my bet that it would be homer Taylorl first to reply and deny it. :D

No speedway for you now so resorting to other avenues of fun......very sad sh&t stirrer indeed....

• Like 1

Just now, singy13 said:

No speedway for you now so resorting to other avenues of fun......very sad sh&t stirrer indeed....

Says an alleged fan who in retaliation, suggests we are not running next year, despite the intention has already been made by our promotion. Has yours ? and I am not hoping you don't run next year unlike you. 

9 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Says an alleged fan who in retaliation, suggests we are not running next year, despite the intention has already been made by our promotion. Has yours ? and I am not hoping you don't run next year unlike you. 

Eh ? ....I'm also not hoping we don't run next year too...just like you thanks pal !!  But as for Newcastle.....ha ha.

48 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Lost my bet that it would be homer Taylorl first to reply and deny it. :D

:D  you must bored , Newcastle’s season over so soon , and it’s Taylorj 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

:D  you must bored , Newcastle’s season over so soon , and it’s Taylorj 

the lady dont like her name misspelt .  dont mess wid d wongs .

Edited by jenga
  • Haha 1

Fans on here certainly do not know what's been going on behind the scenes this season going by what I'm reading. It all seems good because of results but there is more than results to make the club a happy enjoyable place.

It will all come out at some point and I only posted this instance of Ty Proctors behaviour because I thought it was disgraceful last night.

The team have done fantastic on track this year but the things that have happened and been said by certain riders this season it's unbelievable just how the team have achieved what they have it really is.

Oh and the quote from George English is 100% about Workington.