British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington v Scunthorpe 22/09/18 7:00pm Ch Sh

Was watching from above pits Ty and Jacko had words then went into cabin with Steve Whitehead !! That's wot I seen. Wot about who knows, but all riders vans were still at DP well after meeting end

17 minutes ago, Neila said:

Was watching from above pits Ty and Jacko had words then went into cabin with Steve Whitehead !! That's wot I seen. Wot about who knows, but all riders vans were still at DP well after meeting end

Quite a shock, when some Comets riders actually came into the Derwent Lounge tonight, well after the meeting had finished and when they have normally long gone !   

Rene, Rasmus, and Nicolai, all came in for a while, to rapturous cheers and applause from the people that were there at the time !!  I dont think I have EVER seen Nicolai in the bar before ?  But they all seemed happy enough anyway.  No sign of Ty, Kyle, or Mason though. 

the fans think an awful lot about this years team and i heard rounds of applause coming from bends  1 and 2 that were much louder than normal. the fans want the finals just as much as the riders want it .  there seemed more input from the locals tonight , were they all drunk or just happy as to how this season has gone and how well the underdogs have risen to the top . head in bra could be a wee bit more difficult to crack ,  one final down , roll on the next .

ME .... still sober .

• Like 1

Watching from the pits all season ty comes across as a.loner who gets on with the job , i didnt see him and jacko having words butl later on ty was having a go at jeering riders up before heats and was out on track with the rest of the boys helping eachother so perhaps put it down to wanting to win for his  "words" with jacko.had a crac with mr godfrey and some interesting thoughts on the comets and speedway in general, not a bad fellow as perhaps we make out !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Watching from the pits all season ty comes across as a.loner who gets on with the job , i didnt see him and jacko having words butl later on ty was having a go at jeering riders up before heats and was out on track with the rest of the boys helping eachother so perhaps put it down to wanting to win for his  "words" with jacko.had a crac with mr godfrey and some interesting thoughts on the comets and speedway in general, not a bad fellow as perhaps we make out !

Godfrey papering over the cracks . he done the dirty and will be remembered for a long time about his actions and the way he went about looking after HIS team and putting others in the mire . i dont have any respect for him at all . 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jenga said:

Godfrey papering over the cracks . he done the dirty and will be remembered for a long time about his actions and the way he went about looking after HIS team and putting others in the mire . i dont have any respect for him at all . 

I thought that but after talking with him he came across as a decent  bloke with the sport at heart !

• Like 2

1 minute ago, geoff100 said:

I thought that but after talking with him he came across as a decent  bloke with the sport at heart !

THAT IS NOT GOING TO SWAY ME ONE BIT . 

3 minutes ago, jenga said:

Blimey, haven't you worked out yet that it wasn't a meeting involving Scunthorpe that triggered the whole Friday fixtures thing? :D 

Speedy recovery to Josh Auty.  He's been fantastic for Scorpions this season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

CAN WE JUST LET THIS GO NOW, IT IS SO BORING - and yes, I am shouting.

The fiasco that has been  this seasons fixture list is not down to one man, one team, one promoter, one rider - almost everyone involved has been culpable in some shape or form  and unless there is a massive shake up over the winter this brilliant sport of ours is going to disappear up its own tailpipe, in this country at least.

I couldn't get to last nights meeting so don't know anything about any alleged incidents regarding Ty, but just find it disappointing that there is a negative post seemingly without any proof of any incident having taken place. Everything relating to the Comets should be positive at the moment with loads more to look forward to. We are in the play offs, already in one final and with another semi final to come. So come on lets all be positive, and see where it takes us.

• Like 7

Great respect to danny phillips the lad knows the management dont wont him the fans dont like him yet he still turns up and does his best , last night other riders turned down programmed rides claiming bike troubles when it was clearly running young phillips just got on with it with little help that i saw from his team mates .

• Like 6

Just like to congratulate everyone concerned with the club on reaching our first final since 2010. That's a long time so we should all enjoy it. We should all try and encourage as many ex and new fans as possible to attend the final and lets really get behind the team.

In the early stages last night i thought lady luck had deserted us but i needn't have worried. It soon became apparent that we were much the stronger. Guest Ben Barker was just sensational and fully justified his booking for Dan while we still have a facility regardless of what happened recently.

All the lads made telling contributions,  we looked a real solid unit without a weak looking heat on the program.

Jake Allen once again caught the eye following a first ride retirement. Pulled off some stunning passes especially the pass of Rene on bend 2 when there didn't look room. Steve Worrall was solid, won well from the front but didn't offer as much when he found himself behind. Jason Garrity was well below the level he has shown in the past as was Josh Auty who unfortunately took another nasty tumble at Derwent Park. Stefan Nielsen looked to be some way off his best form following a season of injury. Gino tried while Danny looked the rider who has struggled all season. Its a tough league this.

I don't know of anything that may or may not have gone on behind the scenes last night  but i hope any issues can be discussed and resolved to the mutual satisfaction of all parties.

I was hoping for a few more at the meeting last night and no doubt if we had been riding against one of the more passionately supported clubs many more visiting fans would have made the trip to cheer on their team in what was a nicely set up tie. Speedway at this level has financial issues and if clubs promotions and  fans don't support each other then what future does the sport have.

Doubling up/down put a lot of riders out of a job so talks of reducing the number of riders within thise teams lucky enough to come to tapes in 2019 will only exacerbate the relative paucity of riders .

Time for astute thinking because the changes in recent years haven't improved speedway or enhanced how it is perceived by the public as a well run and entertaining product. Just the opposite if anything.

Up the Comets.

Edited by SteelShoe
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, GMM said:

If it's true what I heard about Ty Proctor tonight it's disgusting. I don't care what the reason is for him to take that attitude and throw every single toy from his pram.

Who else noticed he was not the captain tonight at the coin toss.

Disgusting attitude 

Ty has just come back this weekend probably having the captaincy on top of trying to ride a bit too much for him . To me he’s a very focussed rider who wants to the job well , can be a bit grumpy at times  :D but I think it’s his passion to win . What I did see last night was all the boys working as a team , jeering each other up before races, helping with bikes and Ty was included . The first time at DP I’ve seen Ty coming round for applause after his rides and actually waving at the fans he seemed very happy . These guys are doing so well I don’t see the need for negative posts of hearsay with no true facts . Great to see Rene, Rasmus and Nicolai in the bar who came in to us all giving them a rapturous applause !

Well done boys that was some team performance  :t:

• Like 8

I'm 100% behind this team and I agree we should be right behind them especially with the team doing so well this year but when things like this DO happen it needs noted. Yes Ty did help the other riders last night yes Ty did wave to the crowd yes Ty did try in his last three rides but only after a meeting after his first ride to sort issues out.

The FACT is and this came right from the pits is that our captain refused to be captain last night for reasons I'd rather not put on hear. Ty refused to sign on as captain and then did not bother to set his bike up apart from putting his tyre on and warming his bike up. He never moved from his seat in the pits and on the parade lap pulled straight into the pits without doing a lap and back to his seat there was certainly no waving to the fans at this point. He sat there until his first race.

He gated then pulled up in his first ride after half a lap. Then pulling into the pits did no work on his bike at all. Because there was nothing wrong with his bike.

He then had a bust up with his team manager in the pits a full on shouting and pointing affair during the track grading after heat four.

There was then a meeting with shouting and talking in the office with Tony and Steve (don't think Laura was there last night) and after that Ty went and then set his bike up and his attitude changed into him now helping others and him trying to win races. Not sure what changed his attitude he maybe just thought about his actions being totally wrong or maybe something was said to him to change it. Luckily this behaviour did not continue for the whole meeting or we maybe would not be celebrating getting into a final.

I know he can be a miserable man but this crossed the line for me because this effected his team mate's, the promotion and the fans and I've never heard of a rider do such a thing ever before at a meeting.

I've now heard this exact same thing from people that were there last night and seen and heard what went on.

35 minutes ago, GMM said:

I'm 100% behind this team and I agree we should be right behind them especially with the team doing so well this year but when things like this DO happen it needs noted. Yes Ty did help the other riders last night yes Ty did wave to the crowd yes Ty did try in his last three rides but only after a meeting after his first ride to sort issues out.

The FACT is and this came right from the pits is that our captain refused to be captain last night for reasons I'd rather not put on hear. Ty refused to sign on as captain and then did not bother to set his bike up apart from putting his tyre on and warming his bike up. He never moved from his seat in the pits and on the parade lap pulled straight into the pits without doing a lap and back to his seat there was certainly no waving to the fans at this point. He sat there until his first race.

He gated then pulled up in his first ride after half a lap. Then pulling into the pits did no work on his bike at all. Because there was nothing wrong with his bike.

He then had a bust up with his team manager in the pits a full on shouting and pointing affair during the track grading after heat four.

There was then a meeting with shouting and talking in the office with Tony and Steve (don't think Laura was there last night) and after that Ty went and then set his bike up and his attitude changed into him now helping others and him trying to win races. Not sure what changed his attitude he maybe just thought about his actions being totally wrong or maybe something was said to him to change it. Luckily this behaviour did not continue for the whole meeting or we maybe would not be celebrating getting into a final.

I know he can be a miserable man but this crossed the line for me because this effected his team mate's, the promotion and the fans and I've never heard of a rider do such a thing ever before at a meeting.

I've now heard this exact same thing from people that were there last night and seen and heard what went on.

Proctor has always been like that, thumping pit walls and shouting aloud. He is a moody person and I saw plenty of him when I visited Redcar when he rode for them. His actions last night appear to be very unprofessional, and I'm very pleased that Tony and Steve seem to have said the right things and got a satisfactory performance from him afterwards. Be a shame if the actions of a rider, acting like a petulant child, spoiled the show that all of the team and management have worked hard to get for themselves and their fans. I would never have Ty in my team any year.