British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Eastbourne v Mildenhall 22/9/18

Tomorrow sees the Fen Tigers visit Arlington, attempting to preserve their unbeaten League Record. The only winner here looks to be the weather. Hopefully an early decision will be made if the forecast doesent improve.

Edited by cityrebel
Mistake in post

Makes the decision not to run it in June even more stupid, we're so lucky to be in the playoffs having not run in the summer. It's not just us as as there's so many league fixtures that won't be completed, got to do better with fixtures next year. 

Edited by gazzac

8 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Makes the decision not to run it in June even more stupid, we're so lucky to be in the playoffs having not run in the summer. It's not just us as as there's so many league fixtures that won't be completed, got to do better with fixtures next year. 

Fair play to you for being honest. There are far too many on here who defend the indefensible.

20 minutes ago, tractorboy said:

Meeting off according to the eagles Facebook page

Nice and early decision. Saves all the uncertainty.

25 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Nice and early decision. Saves all the uncertainty.

Yes indeed Tony - still a shame though that a top fixture that would have possibly attracted one of their best attendances of the season had it been run in July (notwithstanding a meaningless football match that few were interested in) ends up at the back end of the season when it should have taken place at a time we had a glorious spell of weather and tracks up and down the country were reporting healthy attendances.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WembleyLion said:

Yes indeed Tony - still a shame though that a top fixture that would have possibly attracted one of their best attendances of the season had it been run in July (notwithstanding a meaningless football match that few were interested in) ends up at the back end of the season when it should have taken place at a time we had a glorious spell of weather and tracks up and down the country were reporting healthy attendances.

You say meaningless. It was to me but I went into the town where I live not a million miles from Arlington and the the place was deserted. In Tesco Exprres, which is usually heaving, there were two children playing tag and the only staff member was listening to commentary. 

That's fact. You and I thought trey match was a waste of time but the vast majority of people in the Uk didn't.

Would have been daft to run. People were interested.

46 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

You say meaningless. It was to me but I went into the town where I live not a million miles from Arlington and the the place was deserted. In Tesco Exprres, which is usually heaving, there were two children playing tag and the only staff member was listening to commentary. 

That's fact. You and I thought trey match was a waste of time but the vast majority of people in the Uk didn't.

Would have been daft to run. People were interested.

I guess they were all at the seaside on such a glorious day - anywhere to avoid a meaningless football match! Unfortunately in land locked Buckinghamshire where I live the seaside isn’t an easy alternative so the local shops (including Tesco Express!) were as busy as any other Saturday that day!

By the way the meaningless football match did not even clash time wise!

I went to Berwick the week before when England played Sweden and yes during the afternoon the town was quiet but come 7pm there was a really good turnout for the Speedway. 

Also I don’t think the vast majority of the UK actually watched any of the other England World Cup games so your claim about the third place play off game seems a little exaggerated.

Just having looked at the ‘avereages’ section on the SoeedwayGb site after noticing on another post that hurry’s average drops next month I thought I’d have a look. 

I see kemp goes to number 1 with Ayres average dropping to second and bailey third (not sure if his season is finished) but if it is then bailey can be replaced other than Clegg nobody that really stands out for me especially round Mildenhall. 

As well as that Powell drops to reserve with Spiller at 2 making the eagles much stronger just from previous track expirence. Powell taking potentially one of Spiller rides and one of brooks too. 

Maybe a shake up in the title race across a two legged tie?