British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Lakeside KOC, CS SF & Play Off SF 6th/7th Oct

57 minutes ago, tocha said:

Saturday's fixture is now a double-header. No start time yet announced but let's hope they have the sense to start at 6pm this time.

This is worse than last time because unless you pay to have a selection of riders on standby if someone gets injured in the first match that team will be buggered for the second, and with both set to run rider replacement? it will mean the matches are bound to take an eternity to run, easily another 11pm finish.

I wont be attending, that's for sure.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, marko said:

This is worse than last time because unless you pay to have a selection of riders on standby if someone gets injured in the first match that team will be buggered for the second, and with both set to run rider replacement? it will mean the matches are bound to take an eternity to run, easily another 11pm finish.

I understand the start time is  7pm , cost for couple to see two understrength teams with r/r and or  guests will be £50 plus !!!

Edited by wealdstone
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Wouldn't know anything about that. What's Brexit?

I think its a new kelloggs breakfast cereal a cross between weetbix and ready brek

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, maneacat said:

Yes of course but who would pay if BWD couldn’t afford it - Peterborough or Somerset or both?   

All the everyday tax payers pays for it dont they!!!!

The "business end" of the season degenerating into pure farce.  

Two teams both operating the "rider Replacement" , (and Leaside's Zach W presumably still doubtful? )  Ulrich O still not fully fit , and Peterboro using a gust for Scotty Nicholls.

Both sides heading into a "less than ideal"**  double header racing the same side twice with 6 riders on parade.  Seems almost acceptable that same side double headers take place.

From the fans entertainment viewpoint a 7pm start is a poor decision - given Leaside's proven inability to run a meeting in under 2 hours - will be at least an 11pm finish after the delays with R/R and the selfish track curator who indulges in obsessive tractor grading. 

I thought my enthusiasm to watch the Hammers would be rekindled by the p. offs, just to make the trip to see  a meeting at Hoddesdon - once again I am left disillusioned.

** quote from our illustrious promoter  Jon Cook.

Unbelievable......  yes ......but it is happening ,,this must be the worst scenario i have seen happening at the end of an other wise excellent season at Lakeside,,,,,.I would still go ,,,but i have a music gig to do saturday night and i can not say that i would have looked forward to going anyway...Still best of luck to the Hammers and hope there is enough fans there to pay the wages...........

11 minutes ago, waco said:

Unbelievable......  yes ......but it is happening ,,this must be the worst scenario i have seen happening at the end of an other wise excellent season at Lakeside,,,,,.I would still go ,,,but i have a music gig to do saturday night and i can not say that i would have looked forward to going anyway...Still best of luck to the Hammers and hope there is enough fans there to pay the wages...........

Judging by the people I know, I'm gonna be Billy no mates there on Saturday.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, marko said:

Spot on and ditto for the last bit.

Other than City Rebel is any one else on this forum going Saturday....As we are all going to need more than one opinion on how it all went ?.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BluPanther said:

One would assume the timing of BWD's surgery is on the advice of surgeons, so i would just wish him all the best and hope his recovery is a swift one...

Why would you assume that? I'd assume that for a non urgent procedure on an healed injury that's not causing difficulties that we know of, the surgeon's advice would be that we can remove the plate and screws when you're ready? Although reading the article it reads as if September surgery was planned in June or before so that doesn't suggest surgeons advice to that extent at all. Irrespective of all that, no surgery is fun, however minor, and it should be avoided at all costs, so hopefully it goes well and he's fit and raring to go in 2019, wherever that may be.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

All the everyday tax payers pays for it dont they!!!!

No not if he had a Private Op - either paid for by your own Insurance Policy if you have one or if not yourself or in BWD’s case maybe one or more of his Clubs.  

Presumably we are coming to the time of year where season ticket holders (not a very good deal anyway) will be expected to  pay '. Albeit repetitive opposition and under strength line ups.

20 hours ago, waco said:

Other than City Rebel is any one else on this forum going Saturday....As we are all going to need more than one opinion on how it all went ?.

Prob going sat but don't enjoy double headers, so depending how i feel after this sat,  it might be my last meeting this season not feeling it at the mo

Hopefully there will some big changes over the winter, if it stays the same i prob won't attend any meetings next yr.

Will find something else to do instead