British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Lakeside KOC, CS SF & Play Off SF 6th/7th Oct

19 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Why would you assume that? I'd assume that for a non urgent procedure on an healed injury that's not causing difficulties that we know of, the surgeon's advice would be that we can remove the plate and screws when you're ready? Although reading the article it reads as if September surgery was planned in June or before so that doesn't suggest surgeons advice to that extent at all. Irrespective of all that, no surgery is fun, however minor, and it should be avoided at all costs, so hopefully it goes well and he's fit and raring to go in 2019, wherever that may be.

Simply because there are time parameters sometimes involved in the removal of metalwork from the body. As someone who actually had a plate start to  buckle in my leg, i am well aware of the permanent damage that can happen. Significant complications can occur following the removal of hardware, and some of these complications can be serious. His surgeon would be in control of this situation for sure...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BluPanther said:

Simply because there are time parameters sometimes involved in the removal of metalwork from the body. As someone who actually had a plate start to  buckle in my leg, i am well aware of the permanent damage that can happen. Significant complications can occur following the removal of hardware, and some of these complications can be serious. His surgeon would be in control of this situation for sure...

Don't buy it sorry, we'll agree to disagree.

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:57 PM, old bob at herne bay said:

The "business end" of the season degenerating into pure farce.  

Two teams both operating the "rider Replacement" , (and Leaside's Zach W presumably still doubtful? )  Ulrich O still not fully fit , and Peterboro using a gust for Scotty Nicholls.

Both sides heading into a "less than ideal"**  double header racing the same side twice with 6 riders on parade.  Seems almost acceptable that same side double headers take place.

From the fans entertainment viewpoint a 7pm start is a poor decision - given Leaside's proven inability to run a meeting in under 2 hours - will be at least an 11pm finish after the delays with R/R and the selfish track curator who indulges in obsessive tractor grading. 

I thought my enthusiasm to watch the Hammers would be rekindled by the p. offs, just to make the trip to see  a meeting at Hoddesdon - once again I am left disillusioned.

** quote from our illustrious promoter  Jon Cook.

Not sure how serious but Ben Barker fell and excluded in grand final silver helmet at Redcar tonight , I heard ambulance on track looks like arm injury.

20 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

As a senior operating technician in the NHS of over twenty years, i can state that metalwork removal from the shoulder area is not considered 'minor surgery' by the surgeons. Nerve damage is a serious concern, and unlike metalwork in legs, surgeons are always keen to remove it from the upper body. He will be told that he should refrain from any contact sports for six weeks, and he will still be under the care and duty of his orthopaedic surgeon until the metalwork is removed and he is fully discharged. 

So you''re saying the press release isn't accurate:

“After the operation we will re-assess Bradley next week to see whether it’s a season-ending injury, so we’ll give him a few days’ recovery time first, see how he feels and then go from there.

“If he feels up for riding then he’ll continue, but we won’t know that until after the operation.

“It’s not a major surgery and there should be no after-effects other than general soreness, so there is a slim possibility that he could carry on racing, and obviously he’s a vital part of the team."

Barker now out , total shambles!!!

12 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Barker now out , total shambles!!!

That's a big blow for Peteborough he was flying at Workington last week, broken arm and dislocated shoulder ! :blink:

12 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere , have you.

Barker has tweeted as per Tj post above

Think it can be said that Peterborough have now gone above Ipswich & Scunthorpe in the table of weve had more associated  injuries than anyone now.

Edited by scoobydoo

_20180928_134012.JPG

23 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Well.....

Panthers are well truly in a crap position now! 

It was already backs to the wall when losing  Nicholls and Bacon , BWD situation has made it even harder, Ostergaard  either him or machinery not fit and showing no signs of improvement, and now the stand in NO1 is out injured , I don't think we are meant to go any further in the 3 competitions we are still involved in.Any further progression will take a miracle and lots of bad luck for opponents .

• Like 1

I know it must be difficult but have we any idea who will now replace Barker?