British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Lakeside KOC, CS SF & Play Off SF 6th/7th Oct

Can you have your heatleaders (barring #1 at 1) anywhere in the 1-5? 

If so, would have been tempted to have Ully at 2. 

Aarnio, Ully, R/R, Grondal, MPT, Lambert, Sarj. 

That way, end a little bit stronger, 10 - Ully (RR) & Grondal, 11 - Aarnio & Ully, 12 - Grondal (R/R) & Lambert/Sarj, 13 - Aarnio & MPT, 14 - Grondal & Lambert/Sarj. 

See they changed the riding order to Aarnio R/R Grondal Ulrich MPT Sarjeant Lambert

Edited by scoobydoo

Why the hell did we put Arnio in heat 15 when he was having a crap night!?...also does anyone have any idea what the teams are for the home leg?

3 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Why does Grondal have a new average effective now?

He was 4.77 for September and is 5.04 for October.

No curfew last week and meeting went on longer. So how come we were fed this bullrubbish tonight.

Don't lie and treat your fans with contempt. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, KevtheRev said:

No curfew last week and meeting went on longer. So how come we were fed this bullrubbish tonight.

Don't lie and treat your fans with contempt. 

A scandalous decision to pull the plug tonight with the riders on their way to the tapes for heat 14. Us mugs that handed over 25 notes, were shafted by an imaginary curfew that didn't exist two weeks ago. I can't see anyway the sport can survive with the clowns that run it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

A scandalous decision to pull the plug tonight with the riders on their way to the tapes for heat 14. Us mugs that handed over 25 notes, were shafted by an imaginary curfew that didn't exist two weeks ago. I can't see anyway the sport can survive with the clowns that run it.

Another new low for British speedway - just when you think it can’t get worse 

Feel for you & everyone else who were mugged off tonight. Worse thing is nothing will get done about it, in fact it won’t even be acknowledged as having occurred 

Fans will continue to be treated like dirt until there’s nobody left 

• Like 5

So have I got this right?

1)  NLRC scheduled for 3pm

2) Peterborough v Lakeside scheduled for 5pm

3) Lakeside ask for NLRC to be brought forward to 1pm so Morley and Bowtell can ride in both

4) NLRC  start moved to 1pm so Morley and Bowtell can ride in both

5) Lakeside name two guests for Morley and Bowtell, both of whom are available to ride on Sunday

This is REALLY extracting the urine

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

If the meetings have been moved to allow Lakeside to put out their own side then this is a poor show from them

Would still be tight mind you. The NLRC could easily take 2.5 hours and finish at 3.30 and its not inconceivable that Morley and Bowtell will be involved late into the meeting

Is it realistic to expect them to pack up , travel from Leicester to Peterborough and set up in just 90 minutes?

Lakeside have certainly pulled put all the stops in their choice of guests and there is no doubt they are stronger as a result

On the face of it although within the rules it appears against the spirit of sportsmanship

It almost has me wanting the Panthers to win! :o

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Falcon Hammer said:

Another new low for British speedway - just when you think it can’t get worse 

Feel for you & everyone else who were mugged off tonight. Worse thing is nothing will get done about it, in fact it won’t even be acknowledged as having occurred 

Fans will continue to be treated like dirt until there’s nobody left 

I expect the referee had to agree to the meeting being curtailed and a reason was needed so he's just as much to blame and he certainly had the wool pulled over his eyes if he fell for the "curfew time" excuse when one doesn't exist. Perhaps Rye/Lakeside would like to tell the paying fans what action was taken against them 2 weeks ago by the local Council when they over ran the (imaginary) curfew !

• Like 1

So what would have happened if with two heats to go the result of the tie had not been decided?

And also how are we allowed to have Josh Pickering for Ben when we have only been allowed R/R for Kyle (both are second strings)?

I am just glad my lasting memory of the Hammers was actually at Lakeside and not this farce which has replaced it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, marko said:

So what would have happened if with two heats to go the result of the tie had not been decided?

And also how are we allowed to have Josh Pickering for Ben when we have only been allowed R/R for Kyle (both are second strings)?

I am just glad my lasting memory of the Hammers was actually at Lakeside and not this farce which has replaced it.

When both second strings missing one has to be replaced with a guest ( cant run double r/r)

r/r for Kyle means a heat leader gets a ride rather than a reserve having to take 2