British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Lakeside KOC, CS SF & Play Off SF 6th/7th Oct

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Why was the 10.30 'curfew' not in place two weeks ago. As for the track preparation, it has not changed in the best part of three seasons, regardless of who's been running the show at Rye.

This curfew has been in place for years. That is why, I expect, Len always ran his meetings at 7pm and 6pm on the rare occasions he staged a double-header.

Is this a case of a communications break down between the owners of the stadium and Lakeside speedway? I presume the owners were aware of any covenants regarding the use of the stadium and should have passed that on, if they did and Lakeside still choose to start meetings at 7pm then more fool them, they were lucky because on another night that may well have cost them a place in the next round.

30 minutes ago, tocha said:

This curfew has been in place for years. That is why, I expect, Len always ran his meetings at 7pm and 6pm on the rare occasions he staged a double-header.

I've been to double headers at Rye that finished around the 11pm Mark during the Len Silver era. Not all of Them started at 6pm on Saturdays. 

35 minutes ago, Speedway28 said:

Ludicrous to think Morley and Bowtell were ever going to make Peterborough for 5pm start. I'd suggest they were never riding at Peterborough today.

Then why disrupt everything at the Leicester meeting  , it wont be long before instead of the close season being for putting together a team promotions will need to ring around just to persuade people to attend the meetings first. 

3 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Then why disrupt everything at the Leicester meeting  , it wont be long before instead of the close season being for putting together a team promotions will need to ring around just to persuade people to attend the meetings first. 

That's a question for the relevant people to answer. I just don't see how there was ever a time where they'd make Peterborough in enough time to get set up etc.

Lakeside changes certainly make them a lot stronger.

If they had gone as far as getting a BSPA meeting start time changed to accommodate, by going against this is showing a lot of disrespect to their own riders

• Like 1

How can the BSPA just stand by and let Lakeside cheat today..hope we stuff it up them..can't see it though.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lukas said:

How can the BSPA just stand by and let Lakeside cheat today..hope we stuff it up them..can't see it though.

2 minutes ago, Lukas said:

Cheating is the norm in Speedway, just a question of who are the more adept at it.

58 minutes ago, Speedway28 said:

Ludicrous to think Morley and Bowtell were ever going to make Peterborough for 5pm start. I'd suggest they were never riding at Peterborough today.

It's  45 to 50 minutes away from the showground.

Surprised that Peterborough didnt just try to put the 5pm start time back to 7pm if the Showground gods had allowed that is

Then again all this is for the chance to go to Workington and get thumped like Edinburgh last night!!!! 

Edited by scoobydoo

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Wilko travelled as the stand by rider for Peterborough in case of any injuries in the first meeting last night  which as hes got an association with Ged he needs credit for, Jorgensen did ok last time and was the best of what must be available and willing to guest for Peterborough 

Credit to Wilkinson for that 

31 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

It's  45 to 50 minutes away from the showground.

I understand that but chances are the NLRC won't be finished till 3.30 at the earliest, then there's the presentation should either get in the top 3. A 5 start at Peterborough is just not enough time. A 7 start would've been attainable for both.

Edited by Speedway28

Its an interesting narrative that Lakeside are doing whatever it takes to win this tie but if they had truly wanted to do that then they would have found some way of staying at Arena Essex because what they might gain away in guests they lost ten fold in home advantage.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Lukas said:

It’s not cheating if it’s within the rules, and whether it’s in the rules is, at this stage, a matter for the meeting referee. The Lakeside line up would have to have been declared to the Peterbough management 3 days ago and they are entitled to lodge a protest to the meeting referee if they are unhappy with the situation.

As for the more general point of the BSPA standing by let’s not forget that the BSPA Management Committee includes the biggest cheat in the CL so I don’t suppose he could care less what happens now his own club are out of the play offs, despite his best efforts to manipulate the fixture list.

• Like 2