British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Lakeside KOC, CS SF & Play Off SF 6th/7th Oct

Morley and Bowtell about to contest a run off for the title

Just as well they werent expected at Boro......

33 minutes ago, Speedway28 said:

I understand that but chances are the NLRC won't be finished till 3.30 at the earliest, then there's the presentation should either get in the top 3. A 5 start at Peterborough is just not enough time. A 7 start would've been attainable for both.

Agreed , it would have solved the problem but the last meeting against Lakeside was put back to 7pm and it was the lowest attendance of the season , so you can understand why they didn't want to put it back to 7pm.

Of was it that the public were just not enamoured with watching the same opposition week after week no matter the start time!

• Like 1

well that’s this cup we’re out off. Fingers crossed lakeside get smashed in the final and we get our own back in the league semi final. 

27 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

One contracted Peterborough rider has won a race in ten heats 

and Kasper Andersen appears to have had two more rides after being withdrawn ( one of them a reserve replacement) ??????

Just now, liam said:

Anyone at Peterborough want to pay the electric meter? Sounds like fun tonight.

I can assure you it's not fun.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Lakeside refusing to ride sounds like a forfeit to me

Down to the ref to be strong and make the correct call - whichever way that is

If he says carry on Lakeside must or as you say forfeit

Equally if he agrees and calls it off you cant complain - his decision must be final

12 minutes ago, Noodles said:

I can assure you it's not fun.

Nearly an hour without a race is a complete farce, feel sorry for you and anyone else who has made the trip.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Surprised that Peterborough didnt just try to put the 5pm start time back to 7pm if the Showground gods had allowed that is

Then again all this is for the chance to go to Workington and get thumped like Edinburgh last night!!!! 

Rathbone was asked in the pits at Rye last night why he hadn't moved the start time back to 7pm.  He said he didn't want to as it would lose him money on the attendance.

Also, had Rathbone accepted several dates at Arena, the tie would have been completed earlier.  But he was too scared to face the Hammers on their home track, as he knew the Hammers would wallop his team in Essex.  The BSPA wouldn't allow the Hammers to race some meetings at Arena and some at Rye, so he knew they would have to hold all meetings at Rye.  So, it's entirely Rathbone's choice to race on this day and at this time.

Considering Peterborough signed a rider the Hammers were told was illegal when they were going to sign him, in Nicholls (and another in Kennett!); they get to face the same team 4 times without a home track; and the opposition had to use a 16 year old National Leaguer today at 7..... I find it hard to see why Rathbone could feel hard done by at all this season!

Dark pits at Peterborough, I hope everyone can see what they are doing with their bikes!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Lakeside refusing to ride sounds like a forfeit to me

How do you know Lakeside are refusing to ride? Are you there? Why would Lakeside refuse to ride as they are 12 points ahead on agg and unlikely to concede 4 5-1 in the last 4 heats. If meeting is abandoned, result would stand and Lakeside go through without refusing to do anything.