British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Lakeside KOC, CS SF & Play Off SF 6th/7th Oct

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

You already had

Wrong again , please try and keep up , it's not that hard , I didn't resort to foul mouthing even if it was in code.

14 minutes ago, KevtheRev said:

Neither - Lakeside proposed at date in August but your management said no.

I'm not going to feed you the facts, there on here somewhere if you want to investigate.

And what about the fact Lakeside pulled out of the announced second meeting as apart of a double header at Peterborough in August stating rider unavailability on the day, 

Edited by scoobydoo

Yeah, dirty cheating scoundrels, all of 'em!

Jokes aside, hope that we (Lakeside) are at full strength for the semi.

Bowtell and Morley are on fire and I think we missed them last night.

Hope Zach is back as well and hoping for a fair couple of meetings.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Wrong again , please try and keep up , it's not that hard , I didn't resort to foul mouthing even if it was in code.

You were rude though... Even if your grammar was terrible.

5 hours ago, TonyE said:

The reality is that other promotions do not have emergency lighting to hand. Peterborough are in a particularly unique position in this regard.

The apology comes with barbs and that diminishes it in my opinion. Neil Watson went to great pains to point out it is the referee who terminates a meeting early, yet we have references to the 'early finish' at Rye with the inference it was totally a Lakeside decision - so which is it? Last night both teams were using guests and references to 'playing games' does not sit well with someone who, on the face of it, would not agree to race at Arena when the opportunity was there.

I wonder what strokes will be pulled for the play-offs.

A referee, however powerful he might be within speedway, can't over-rule a curfew and allow a match to carry on. In this instance, wasn't he fed the line that there was a curfew therefore he had no alternative but to stop the racing?

Edited by Vincent Blachshadow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

A referee, however powerful he might be within speedway, can't over-rule a curfew and allow a match to carry on. In this instance, wasn't he fed the line that there was a curfew therefore he had no alternative but to stop the racing?

What curfew, the one that didn’t exist two weeks previously when they raced until 2315, or the one that mysteriously appeared in the Lakeside match report that for some reason affected the speedway but didn’t seem to affect the go karts which were still racing after the speedway had finished.

Perhaps it might have has something to do with the amount of noise complaints Rye House Received for running until 2315 for the previous meeting or did Mick Bates decide he had had enough and wanted to go home because Lakeside couldn’t physically overhaul Peterborough,s lead in the final two heats, (sets an interesting precedent for future matches over an aggregate tie).

• Like 1

I would not be surprised if there was a curfew at Rye House but because over the decades nothing has ever come close to it, it was merely forgotten about, Maybe Len didn't tell the current owners about it? maybe there was complaints after the other week and it was uncovered then?

29 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

What curfew, the one that didn’t exist two weeks previously when they raced until 2315, or the one that mysteriously appeared in the Lakeside match report that for some reason affected the speedway but didn’t seem to affect the go karts which were still racing after the speedway had finished.

Perhaps it might have has something to do with the amount of noise complaints Rye House Received for running until 2315 for the previous meeting or did Mick Bates decide he had had enough and wanted to go home because Lakeside couldn’t physically overhaul Peterborough,s lead in the final two heats, (sets an interesting precedent for future matches over an aggregate tie).

I'm surprised that go karts were still running by then as they advertise their opening  times 9am -10pm. As for last Saturday, by the time the meeting was brought to a halt I'd certainly had enough!

1 minute ago, marko said:

I would not be surprised if there was a curfew at Rye House but because over the decades nothing has ever come close to it, it was merely forgotten about, Maybe Len didn't tell the current owners about it? maybe there was complaints after the other week and it was uncovered then?

Should be in the agreement or contract, one must presume Lakeside would have one or the other ....

2 minutes ago, marko said:

I am sure you are right and must have existed prior to speedway returning to Hoddesdon in around 2000. Presumably, that is why Len  had a start time of 7pm and 6pm for double-headers although these were a rarity on Saturday evenings. Usually double headers, and there were many of them, were held on Sunday or Bank Holiday Monday afternoons so the curfew wasn't tested except, possibly one v Birmingham/King's Lynn which must have come close as the second meeting didn't start until gone 9pm following delays in the first.

10 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Should be in the agreement or contract, one must presume Lakeside would have one or the other ....

Start earlier if you can't guarantee to run the meeting, or don't run double headers. I think that only a couple were ever staged at Arena Essex on an evening. From memory the last one ended close to midnight!

33 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Start earlier if you can't guarantee to run the meeting, or don't run double headers. I think that only a couple were ever staged at Arena Essex on an evening. From memory the last one ended close to midnight!

That's far too sensible  :D

• Like 1

20 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Well if it bothers you so much how Panthers run there business stay away as we will hardly miss someone who only turns up once a season will we.

That's an intellectual response. If you re-read my post you'll see I'm discussing a number of promotors, not simply Ged Rathbone. It's a forum, you're allowed an opinion.

Am I missing something about this curfew ? Lakeside couldn’t possibly have won on aggregate so why would they claim there was a curfew for tactical reasons if there wasn’t one? 

5 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Am I missing something about this curfew ? Lakeside couldn’t possibly have won on aggregate so why would they claim there was a curfew for tactical reasons if there wasn’t one? 

Well there wasn't one two weeks earlier, that is the issue.