British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Lakeside KOC, CS SF & Play Off SF 6th/7th Oct

Quick question for Neil Watson. 

Can we not book Brady Kurtz as a guest for next Sunday? Leszno are finished in Poland. 

Nicholls average plus 5% percentage is 8.77. Divided by 1.3 equals 6.75.

Kurtz is 6.75.

Can you please do this? 

Brady is brilliant around the Showground. 

Edited by JeremyCorbynFan

15 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

What do you think about my Kurtz suggestion? 

Possibility I suppose, but I don't know what the management have in mind .  

24 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

You leave my grandma out of it .

:rofl: I await your apology with that of Mr Watson's :rofl:

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Well there wasn't one two weeks earlier, that is the issue.

Well, mor precisely it wasn’t applied two weeks earlier but whether it was there or not,we don’t seem to know.

There are two separate things here. The first is whether the paying public were cheated. That we don’t know as far as the curfew was concerned. Answer possibly yes.

Second question : did Lakeside cheat by applying a phoney curfew to gain an advantage ? I can’t see that they did. 10 points is not a massive advantage to take to an away track.Bearing in mind Lawson and Morris could go out in heat 15 and Newman more often than not makes heat 14 his own,if I were TM I would go for it and try to build a bigger advantage. 

Also Mick Bates is no fool. If he was told falsely that there was a curfew when there wasn’t there would be repercussions. I am pretty sure  Mick would have checked that out anyway. 

Alls well that ends well. To decent teams deservedly get one cup final each , despite Godfreys attempts to wreck the season for both of them. Leave it at that.

The second match was in the KOC, and lakeside were already eliminated after heat 13. There is no question from me regarding underhand tactics, just the validity of an unknown curfew.

• Like 2

Fair play to P'Boro for getting the meeting through and for considering the second half riders who wee probably sat around fearing the worst, sadly most clubs don't give a hoot about them despite what is left of the future of the sport being amongst them.

• Like 3

re the Saturday not sure if there is a curfew but it was pulled as the meeting before which

went on well past 11pm rye got a ton of complaints so as Peterborough had won the tie anyway

rye decided to call it save anymore grief no cheating or underhand tactics involved

and if most of you on here were there of which it looks like you were not you would know

the first match was the 10 point advantage 1st leg.

as for Peterborough I really hope we stuff them this weekend (weather permitting)

as they are the ones who have over the season have played a game re fixtures etc

also it will be a bit feisty on Saturday as andy was attacked by Peterborough staff

and management for trying to break up a row between the little big man toft and richard

all in front of andys kids they were all very upset and andy didn't carry on understandbly

to be with his kids.

let them try it again the well hards

COYH.

• Like 1

Well I was there on saturday, and I don't like being short changed for something I have paid for. Speedway fans are taken for mugs on a regular basis by the promoters. If Rye House had received complaints from the neighbours, then a simple statement on their website would have helped explain the situation.

If there were complaints previously then this double header should have started earlier, or at the very least it should ave been communicated to the fans that there was a curfew in place prior to the meeting.

Unfortunately comms have never been Lakesides strong point, in fact it’s more of an after thought in many cases.

Yes, in one way, fans were short-changed - two less heats than expected. On the other hand, a reasonably generous discount for the double header had been applied - entry was £25 against 2 x £17.

• Like 2

re sundays meeting to put to rest those who think we were cheating re ben and alfie

the NL RIDERS is the only meeting NL teams get First pickings so IOW  of course picked their

best to riders. and to think that ben and alfie could do that meeting then shoot over for sundays meeting

is silly so the club got guests in to make sure we had a full team and to those moaning about this then

look at the stats peterboroughs guests out scored ours say no more/ COYH

11 hours ago, E I Addio said:

Well, mor precisely it wasn’t applied two weeks earlier but whether it was there or not,we don’t seem to know.

There are two separate things here. The first is whether the paying public were cheated. That we don’t know as far as the curfew was concerned. Answer possibly yes.

Second question : did Lakeside cheat by applying a phoney curfew to gain an advantage ? I can’t see that they did. 10 points is not a massive advantage to take to an away track.Bearing in mind Lawson and Morris could go out in heat 15 and Newman more often than not makes heat 14 his own,if I were TM I would go for it and try to build a bigger advantage. 

Also Mick Bates is no fool. If he was told falsely that there was a curfew when there wasn’t there would be repercussions. I am pretty sure  Mick would have checked that out anyway. 

Alls well that ends well. To decent teams deservedly get one cup final each , despite Godfreys attempts to wreck the season for both of them. Leave it at that.

It wasn’t cheating it was deceiving the paying supporters who had paid to see two double headers, then to blame it on a non existent curfew when in reality it was down to recent complaints over the last double header and the fact that Lakeside couldn’t qualify even if the last two heats were run.

Why not tell the truth for once.

• Like 2