British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Lakeside KOC, CS SF & Play Off SF 6th/7th Oct

1 hour ago, HAMMER180 said:

re the Saturday not sure if there is a curfew but it was pulled as the meeting before which

went on well past 11pm rye got a ton of complaints so as Peterborough had won the tie anyway

rye decided to call it save anymore grief no cheating or underhand tactics involved

and if most of you on here were there of which it looks like you were not you would know

the first match was the 10 point advantage 1st leg.

as for Peterborough I really hope we stuff them this weekend (weather permitting)

as they are the ones who have over the season have played a game re fixtures etc

also it will be a bit feisty on Saturday as andy was attacked by Peterborough staff

and management for trying to break up a row between the little big man toft and richard

all in front of andys kids they were all very upset and andy didn't carry on understandbly

to be with his kids.

let them try it again the well hards

COYH.

I saw some commotion in the pits and wondered what was going on. Lots of panthers fans coming down from the first band stand to join in.

Disgraceful behaviour.

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Fair play to P'Boro for getting the meeting through and for considering the second half riders who wee probably sat around fearing the worst, sadly most clubs don't give a hoot about them despite what is left of the future of the sport being amongst them.

Wasn't there and I'm no fan of that level of second half: usually my cue to leave (not required info but just to clarify my position) but that is a very good point. As Tsunami said, Rathbone is a speedway may and it shows with his actions.

1 hour ago, TonyE said:

Yes, in one way, fans were short-changed - two less heats than expected. On the other hand, a reasonably generous discount for the double header had been applied - entry was £25 against 2 x £17.

That's no justification for pulling the plug. If the admission price was £34, the stadium would have been empty. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HAMMER180 said:

re sundays meeting to put to rest those who think we were cheating re ben and alfie

the NL RIDERS is the only meeting NL teams get First pickings so IOW  of course picked their

best to riders. and to think that ben and alfie could do that meeting then shoot over for sundays meeting

is silly so the club got guests in to make sure we had a full team and to those moaning about this then

look at the stats peterboroughs guests out scored ours say no more/ COYH

Your team manager is silly then as in his own programme notes he said they would be riding at Peterborough.

4 hours ago, HAMMER180 said:

re the Saturday not sure if there is a curfew but it was pulled as the meeting before which

went on well past 11pm rye got a ton of complaints so as Peterborough had won the tie anyway

rye decided to call it save anymore grief no cheating or underhand tactics involved

and if most of you on here were there of which it looks like you were not you would know

the first match was the 10 point advantage 1st leg.

as for Peterborough I really hope we stuff them this weekend (weather permitting)

as they are the ones who have over the season have played a game re fixtures etc

also it will be a bit feisty on Saturday as andy was attacked by Peterborough staff

and management for trying to break up a row between the little big man toft and richard

all in front of andys kids they were all very upset and andy didn't carry on understandbly

to be with his kids.

let them try it again the well hards

COYH.

What are you on about mate..maybe go back to school...also who the hell is Andy and Richard?..you're talking like we all know everyone.

Andy Young is the man who does rider interviews over the tannoy. Richard is Mr Lawson, the Hammers rider.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lukas said:

What are you on about mate..maybe go back to school...also who the hell is Andy and Richard?..you're talking like we all know everyone.

I am not your mate andy was the announcer and Richard happens to be our captain and its your

management that needs to go back to school to learn some restraint and manners, oh and how to tell the time

then the might have riders ready for a start of the meeting.

50 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Your team manager is silly then as in his own programme notes he said they would be riding at Peterborough.

It didn't say that in my programme notes. Instead it stated  best use of the  facilities  available to cover their absence from the Peterborough fixture would be utilised.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tocha said:

It didn't say that in my programme notes. Instead it stated  best use of the  facilities  available to cover their absence from the Peterborough fixture would be utilised.

I quote 'Will' from the Peterborough programme - thankfully there is a picture provided of Will so we know it is your team manager:

'My one worry is the reserves; today also sees the National League Riders Championship at Leicester with both our reserves competing.  You never know what can happen when your riders are in another meeting earlier in the day, and if something does happen you have very little time to adjust.  Having our reserves available tonight is key'

Edited by Noodles
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sully said:

Did Lakeside request the NLRC be moved forward from the original start time?

That isn’t clear. It was originally listed on the BSPA site as a 2.30 start but when the line up was confirmed on the 20th Sept the start was given as 1 pm. It’s not clear why it was changed or whether the BSPA site was wrong ( not for the first time ) when the time was stated as 2.30.Nothing to suggest it either was or wasn’t changed at Lakesides request.

16 minutes ago, Noodles said:

I quote 'Will' from the Peterborough programme - thankfully there is a picture provided of Will so we know it is your team manager:

'My one worry is the reserves; today also sees the National League Riders Championship at Leicester with both our reserves competing.  You never know what can happen when your riders are in another meeting earlier in the day, and if something does happen you have very little time to adjust.  Having our reserves available tonight is key'

that means the reserves he had booked and that reserves would be important on sunday and he could not take the chance of ben and alfie not making it.

1 minute ago, HAMMER180 said:

that means the reserves he had booked and that reserves would be important on sunday and he could not take the chance of ben and alfie not making it.

plus ben is not a reserve he is our no2

Panthers did not lose through cheating , shady tactics or anything of the like. On the day Lakeside were the better team . Panthers we know were beset with injuries  but poor choice of guests were our downfall. I am not sure whether a guest was available for BWD or whether R/R  was the only option.

Can't help feeling  that the rush to get temporary lighting on Sunday while laudable was more to make a point than give fans their monies worth. Many were content and indeed did go home

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 2