British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Lakeside KOC, CS SF & Play Off SF 6th/7th Oct

15 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Panthers did not lose through cheating , shady tactics or anything of the like. On the day Lakeside were the better team . Panthers we know were beset with injuries  but poor choice of guests were our downfall. I am not sure whether a guest was available for BWD or whether R/R  was the only option.

Can't help feeling  that the rush to get temporary lighting on Sunday while laudable was more to make a point than give fans their monies worth. Many were content and indeed did go home

RR is the only facility for one missing rider 4 and 5 by MA.

The ‘rush to get temporary lighting’ was because it was the right thing to do. Only eleven heats completed, with fourteen still to go and all still to race for in both meetings.

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

RR is the only facility for one missing rider 4 and 5 by MA.

The ‘rush to get temporary lighting’ was because it was the right thing to do. Only eleven heats completed, with fourteen still to go and all still to race for in both meetings. 

Not sure how you come up with fourteen still to go. If you think the lighting was the right thing to do your are of course entitled to your view.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Not sure how you come up with fourteen still to go. If you think the lighting was the right thing to do your are of course entitled to your view.

I’m superstitious..... :-)

Maybe it was twelve plus one....

Edited by NeilWatson

Just a note on Sundays curfew confusion. I think it caught everyone off guard, there was no discussion of a call of from what I heard prior to heat 13, and the abandonment came straight from the referee as soon as the heat was completed. From what I saw they were ready to send heat 14 in the pits until it was announced. And from what I understand it was at the request of the stadium to call the meeting at that point. I'm not certain Lakeside were even aware.  

At the end of the day there was nothing left to race for and I know for a fact that riders were beginning to struggle with machinery and in particular 1 panther rider who was struggling with tires. For the sake of not risking unnecessary injuries or machine damage ahead of the second leg the day after and for the sake of keeping the residents happy I have no problem with the decision whatsoever. 

And in regards to Ben and Alfie being replaced, as already mentioned the NLRC took priority and they had to attend, it was completely unrealistic from the start to expect them to complete that and get to P'boro in time, let alone being fit and fully prepared. The decision to replace them should have been done well in advance. Can't stand these accusations of it being tactical, if anything its a credit to Lakeside for wanting to run with their own team if they could. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the information. I just hope that this Saturday's unsettled weather forecast doesent lead to another double header!!!

22 hours ago, matertron said:

Just a note on Sundays curfew confusion. I think it caught everyone off guard, there was no discussion of a call of from what I heard prior to heat 13, and the abandonment came straight from the referee as soon as the heat was completed. From what I saw they were ready to send heat 14 in the pits until it was announced. And from what I understand it was at the request of the stadium to call the meeting at that point. I'm not certain Lakeside were even aware.  

At the end of the day there was nothing left to race for and I know for a fact that riders were beginning to struggle with machinery and in particular 1 panther rider who was struggling with tires. For the sake of not risking unnecessary injuries or machine damage ahead of the second leg the day after and for the sake of keeping the residents happy I have no problem with the decision whatsoever. 

And in regards to Ben and Alfie being replaced, as already mentioned the NLRC took priority and they had to attend, it was completely unrealistic from the start to expect them to complete that and get to P'boro in time, let alone being fit and fully prepared. The decision to replace them should have been done well in advance. Can't stand these accusations of it being tactical, if anything its a credit to Lakeside for wanting to run with their own team if they could. 

Not sure how that can be. TEAMS get 7 tyres per meeting to be used as and how they seem fit. They can chop and change them around as much as they like within the team. A reserve who gets seven rides is unlikely to use the same tyre, and a team using R/R still gets seven tyres. If a ride is struggling with tyres just borrow somebody else's back wheel.

• Like 1

so it seems like tyres dont last 7 races max now . are they made out of rubber ? lol . 6 xtra rear tyres available to any rider who is struggling with them . borrow yer mates . 

1 hour ago, jenga said:

so it seems like tyres dont last 7 races max now . are they made out of rubber ? lol . 6 xtra rear tyres available to any rider who is struggling with them . borrow yer mates . 

Rye is like riding on concrete, I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't last a meeting on that track.

• Like 1

Saturdays meeting is looking dodgy according to weather reports let's hope they have got it wrong ,,or more ghastly double headers could be on the cards how much more of these fiascos can the fans take.  ,,,All this could have been avoided in the summer had we not gone several weeks in between meetings..The mind boggles at the stupidity of it all,,,,

Edited by waco
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Rye is like riding on concrete, I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't last a meeting on that track.

If you can get the right setup and get the power to the ground rather than it spinning its ** off  you should be able to get enough rides out a tyre for a meeting 

• Like 1

With the final GP live on the box and a dodgy weather forecast, it's gonna be a poor crowd if it is on.

In most cases, the GP can be recorded. Weather, however, looks to be a big issue given the forecast.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TonyE said:

In most cases, the GP can be recorded. Weather, however, looks to be a big issue given the forecast.

The poor weather has been on the cards since the beginning of this week. It is a pity our meeting hasn't been brought forward to tomorrow. The stadium must be available.

24 minutes ago, tocha said:

The poor weather has been on the cards since the beginning of this week. It is a pity our meeting hasn't been brought forward to tomorrow. The stadium must be available.

Peterborough are riding at scunny tomorrow.