British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Lakeside KOC, CS SF & Play Off SF 6th/7th Oct

Fair to say I think Dry House will be anything but after all the rain we have had and will continue to have, 100% correct decision will the early call off.

Does the rule all matches must be completed by the end of October ,,,Or is it till all competitions are completed,,,Anyone know ?..

1 hour ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Steve Worrall.

I do hope so. Who's at 7?

6 minutes ago, Flappy said:

I do hope so. Who's at 7?

David Wallinger??

• Haha 1

header_pr.jpg

PETERBOROUGH are re-focused and ready for the job in hand against Lakeside in the Championship play-offs on Sunday (5pm).
The T.Balfe Construction Panthers had expected to be staging the second leg of their semi-final tie, but Saturday’s wet weather put paid to that with the scheduled fixture at Hoddesdon an early casualty.
Panthers will now travel to Hertfordshire next Sunday (October 14, 2pm), and will be desperately keen to take a lead with them into that meeting.
They have defeated Lakeside in all four of the Hammers’ previous visits to the East of England Arena this season – twice by scores of 52-38, and twice by scores of 46-44!
Clearly a result of the order of the former would be far more preferable, and that depends on Panthers providing the race wins to control the in-form Hammers heat-leaders, as well as holding sway in the lower order.
Scunthorpe’s Steve Worrall takes the guest booking at No.1 in place of Scott Nicholls, with Jordan Stewart in for Tom Bacon at reserve. Emil Grondal returns to the middle-order, and rider-replacement is again Panthers’ only option to cover for the injured Bradley Wilson-Dean.
The Hammers’ side is far more recognisable than their team from last Sunday’s Championship Shield clash, with Zach Watjkencht back from injury whilst Lakeside regulars Ben Morley and Alfie Bowtell – who finished one-two in the National League Riders’ Championship – at reserve.
It’s a massive night for Panthers as they bid to keep their title hopes alive having topped the regular-season table, and they are determined to erase the memories of Friday’s KO Cup defeat at Scunthorpe.
Start-time is 5pm and Panthers fans are urged to generate a big-match atmosphere as their side looks to continue their 2018 journey.
PETERBOROUGH: Steve Worrall, Bradley Wilson-Dean r/r, Emil Grondal, Ulrich Ostergaard, Michael Palm Toft, Jordan Stewart, Simon Lambert.
LAKESIDE: Richard Lawson, Zach Wajtknecht, Adam Ellis, Kyle Newman, Nick Morris, Ben Morley, Alfie Bowtell.

ENDS

spons-strip_peterborough_pr.jpg

Panthers look so much stronger on paper with a proper number 1. 

Stewart should be a more than able replacement for Bacon. 

If MPT and Ully can manage 18 between them like they should at least then we could be in a good position. 

1 minute ago, Panthers89 said:

If MPT and Ully can manage 18 between them like they should at least then we could be in a good position. 

Ostergaard to score something like 9  points , you're having a laugh . In his last 6 matches  he averages  4.62

Just now, New era Panthers said:

Ostergaard to score something like 9  points , you're having a laugh . In his last 6 matches  he averages  4.62

I’m wishful thinking he will find something tomorrow! 

5 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

We could not believe how poor he was at perry barr last month 

11 hours ago, Flappy said:

Panthers look so much stronger on paper with a proper number 1. 

Stewart should be a more than able replacement for Bacon. 

Interesting thought when hes not number one at Scunthorpe 

11 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

Think you missed the  -  out between the  1 and 8

• Haha 2

I think it'll be close which won't be enough..i might be wrong but I can't think of too many meetings where Worral has excelled at the showground.