British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Lakeside KOC, CS SF & Play Off SF 6th/7th Oct

What people don't remember is it was actually Rick Frost who actually nearly closed us down...not Horton...although he did close Coventry down!

Edited by Lukas

2 minutes ago, Lukas said:

What people don't remember is it was actually Rick Frost who actually nearly closed us down...not Horton...although he did close Coventry down!

I would have to argue the toss there . it wqas Sandhu who closed Coventry ,by stealing the lights seats and shale .and making the place unusable for speedway . Horton was set to go with a new 3 year lease until Sandhu did that

31 minutes ago, Lukas said:

Rick  Frost let Panthers down badly ( although he did have to contend with a lot of stuff from the mafia) He did however try to ensure that Panthers continued although certainly made the wrong choice in Horton who managed to screw things up.

44 minutes ago, Lukas said:

If Frost/Mahoney (who gave us 5 top quality years of expensive entertainment despite the lack of success) hadn't saved us from Colin who saved us from Mick in the first place if my memory serves me right, then we'd probably have been closed down anyway. Seems that you don't remember that?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

Following today's rule change is Ricky Wells now an option for Nicholls guest replacement at Rye House next Sunday?

Edited by arnieg

Interesting comment from MPT on the telly. He's going for an x-ray but says he'll be alright. 

4 hours ago, arnieg said:

Following today's rule change is Ricky Wells now an option for Nicholls guest replacement at Rye House next Sunday?

I was told Sunday that Wells has gone home, indeed that’s a common theme as most teams are finished.

Interesting that rules do not allow teams to use guest riders from the other play Off qualifiers.

Thats another well thought out rule.

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

I was told Sunday that Wells has gone home, indeed that’s a common theme as most teams are finished.

Interesting that rules do not allow teams to use guest riders from the other play Off qualifiers.

Thats another well thought out rule.

i think thats one of the better rules . simple to understand and worth its weight in gold , gold ...  spandex   ballet . 

10 hours ago, jenga said:

i think thats one of the better rules . simple to understand and worth its weight in gold , gold ...  spandex   ballet . 

Of course that’s assuming their are enough riders still around that can or want to guest, it appears they are getting a bit thin, Poole and Lynn with Morris & Ellis a good example.

if there are not enough riders around when the season is still active , it just shows how many British there are in the uk . rider need to maximise the length of the season and not g ugger orf to warmer climates for their jollies .

if a rider has paid out good money for equipment at the start of the season , he should be hanging onto it and not jumping on a plane for jollies . morris and ellis are / were active in the so called  top league this year . so they are prem riders who STILL take the u rrine . by jumping ship into a lower league . but its done now . ride where you want to ride   . its British speedway as it is !

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:50 PM, proud panther said:

Is it just me, or did Ged's talk on the microphone near the end sound like a farewell message ?

You are correct!

On 10/7/2018 at 11:22 PM, Crump99 said:

Nobody bit on the Redcar thread so I'll leave you to make 5 out of 2+2

ahem ...

5 minutes ago, stevehone said:

ahem ...

Never saw that coming. It's called speedway's equivalent of insider dealing would be my guess.

No Nicholls, No BWD, No MPT, (Broken Hand) No Bacon, No Lambert cause he cant ride Rye house. Grondal's decent around Rye normally and Ulle is inconsistant to say the least. I didn't expect us to win but should we even bother?

Edited by Panther1997