British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Lakeside KOC, CS SF & Play Off SF 6th/7th Oct

TBH it's not THAT bad of a line up, all ride Rye well, just Wilko is the questionable guest.

1 hour ago, Lukas said:

... and where's Neil with his smart arse answers this time!?

Don't blame Neil as he's been left in limbo the same as all the fans, it's very unfair to blame him for Ged selling up. It was always going to happen at some stage  with a 360 miles round trip just for home meetings , Just a matter of when the novelty would wear to thin and with the opportunity of possibly of taking over at his home town club in the pipeline I can understand his motive, and I am grateful for him for taking the club on when nobody else seemed bothered , I just hope we can find someone to promote the club and as committed as Ged has been the past 4 years.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Don't blame Neil as he's been left in limbo the same as all the fans, it's very unfair to blame him for Ged selling up. It was always going to happen at some stage  with a 360 miles round trip just for home meetings , Just a matter of when the novelty would wear to thin and with the opportunity of possibly of taking over at his home town club in the pipeline I can understand his motive, and I am grateful for him for taking the club on when nobody else seemed bothered , I just hope we can find someone to promote the club and as committed as Ged has been the past 4 years.

Used to call it "Blue Skies Philosophy"

5 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

As much as I'm unhappy with the timing and some of the explanation I think that that's a fair summing up. Initial enthusiasm wanes, reality sets in , priorities and circumstances change over time. The work done over 4 years should not be underestimated and without that we wouldn't be here now anyway. Neil doesn't come out unless he's sure of his ground and I doubt that he is at the moment :neutral:

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

Interesting that Ricky Wells guests at Peterborough sat night then guests for Glasgow and not Peterborough on Sunday did money talk or booked by Glasgow first

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Interesting that Ricky Wells guests at Peterborough sat night then guests for Glasgow and not Peterborough on Sunday did money talk or booked by Glasgow first

Ricky’s average doesn’t permit him to guest for Scott away from home.

Edited by NeilWatson

Weather reports have changed slightly ,,looks possible they could with luck run on Sunday at Rye,,,,,Hope so.......

16 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Ricky’s average doesn’t permit him to guest for Scott away from home.

No chance of 'the Morris rule' then Neil ;)

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

What's Neil's share in the promotion? Does he have a share or is he an employee or a volunteer?

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

What's Neil's share in the promotion? Does he have a share or is he an employee or a volunteer?

Although a licensed Promoter at Peterborough I am, like everyone else involved in the Club, a willing volunteer. I offer my time and expertise freely, simply because of my love for the sport.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NeilWatson said:

Although a licensed Promoter at Peterborough I am, like everyone else involved in the Club, a willing volunteer. I offer my time and expertise freely, simply because of my love for the sport.

Good man!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, waco said:

Weather reports have changed slightly ,,looks possible they could with luck run on Sunday at Rye,,,,,Hope so.......

Depends on what foecast you look at. The BBC looks poor, but the met office seems promising.

49 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Depends on what foecast you look at. The BBC looks poor, but the met office seems promising.

The trouble with the BBC forecast is that it cannot even agree with itself! The summary shows heavy rain for most of the day whilst its own weather map is more in line with both the Met Office and Metcheck, rain pushing away by mid-morning.