Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Lakeside KOC, CS SF & Play Off SF 6th/7th Oct

Recommended Posts

So what would have happened if with two heats to go the result of the tie had not been decided?

And also how are we allowed to have Josh Pickering for Ben when we have only been allowed R/R for Kyle (both are second strings)?

I am just glad my lasting memory of the Hammers was actually at Lakeside and not this farce which has replaced it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, marko said:

So what would have happened if with two heats to go the result of the tie had not been decided?

And also how are we allowed to have Josh Pickering for Ben when we have only been allowed R/R for Kyle (both are second strings)?

I am just glad my lasting memory of the Hammers was actually at Lakeside and not this farce which has replaced it.

When both second strings missing one has to be replaced with a guest ( cant run double r/r)

r/r for Kyle means a heat leader gets a ride rather than a reserve having to take 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, marko said:

So what would have happened if with two heats to go the result of the tie had not been decided?

And also how are we allowed to have Josh Pickering for Ben when we have only been allowed R/R for Kyle (both are second strings)?

I am just glad my lasting memory of the Hammers was actually at Lakeside and not this farce which has replaced it.

I still feel very bitter about last night's events. I feel a precedent has been set to abandon a meeting if a result has been achieved. I just feel like speedway has hit a new low for me, if that was possible.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I’m guessing we’re happy to run the meeting anyway even though lakeside management have been bending the rules massively?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, marko said:

So what would have happened if with two heats to go the result of the tie had not been decided?

And also how are we allowed to have Josh Pickering for Ben when we have only been allowed R/R for Kyle (both are second strings)?

I am just glad my lasting memory of the Hammers was actually at Lakeside and not this farce which has replaced it.

Flick a coin or maybe paper scissors rock? 

I was tempted to go last night but after seeing the price decided against it, sounds like it was money well saved I am yet to see anyone say a good word about Rye?

Edited by liam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A team bends rules to give them an advantage.... so what's the issue? Been happening for years and will continue to do so if the "rulebook" allows it. Whilst there are Lemmings that continue to pay to watch this "sport" it will not change anything. The "Promoters" don't care about each other... as long as they are not the ones taking the hit. 

More of a jokesport everyday....

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

When both second strings missing one has to be replaced with a guest ( cant run double r/r)

r/r for Kyle means a heat leader gets a ride rather than a reserve having to take 2

Apologies - of course Kyle is back!!

When riding in another British meeting (double up) that takes precedent the a guest is allowable rather than just r/r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, marko said:

So what would have happened if with two heats to go the result of the tie had not been decided?

I am just glad my lasting memory of the Hammers was actually at Lakeside and not this farce which has replaced it.

Golden heats and possibly up to 3 more heats.

I and others around me were all clearly dissapointed with the way the second match was concluded, this curfew clearly didn’t exist two weeks ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The early curtailment last night for me was a surprise and the reasons given obvious nonsense, bearing in mind the previous week went beyond that apparently, although I was not there. At the time, I was not too fussed; I had seen 28 heats and I was COLD, VERY COLD! On reflection though, I agree it sets a bad precedent. The contest was beyond Hammers, but there were points to be won and money to be earned by riders, so maybe that was the reason. 

However, the worst thing for me about last night was the quality of racing, or rather lack of it. Opposing supporters loved to slaughter Arena for its lack of racing, what any of them would have made of last night I really have no idea. In 28 heats there was little passing all night, FTG was the order of the day. There were a couple of exceptions, but with the riders on display I would have expected much more. This was my first home meeting away from Arena, and I cannot recall a worse meeting than this at our old home. If The Hammers are to continue at Rye next season and this is the type of fare offered, then I will pass, thank you very much. 

Re this afternoon, it disappoints me that Hammers have gone down this route, however, it is within the rules, and it is a rulebook that has been manipulated many times by many others over the years. Does anyone else see it changing ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Eyejay said:

The early curtailment last night for me was a surprise and the reasons given obvious nonsense, bearing in mind the previous week went beyond that apparently, although I was not there. At the time, I was not too fussed; I had seen 28 heats and I was COLD, VERY COLD! On reflection though, I agree it sets a bad precedent. The contest was beyond Hammers, but there were points to be won and money to be earned by riders, so maybe that was the reason. 

However, the worst thing for me about last night was the quality of racing, or rather lack of it. Opposing supporters loved to slaughter Arena for its lack of racing, what any of them would have made of last night I really have no idea. In 28 heats there was little passing all night, FTG was the order of the day. There were a couple of exceptions, but with the riders on display I would have expected much more. This was my first home meeting away from Arena, and I cannot recall a worse meeting than this at our old home. If The Hammers are to continue at Rye next season and this is the type of fare offered, then I will pass, thank you very much. 

Re this afternoon, it disappoints me that Hammers have gone down this route, however, it is within the rules, and it is a rulebook that has been manipulated many times by many others over the years. Does anyone else see it changing ? 

Peterborough are past masters of doing much the same. I can remember many, many occasions when either one or both of the Drymls were 'missing' for meetings at Arena and high scoring track specialists were brought in as guests. In speedway, it is do unto others as they would do unto you.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rye has been awful for a couple of years now, since the track was altered when Len left. I'd be suprised if the Lakeside promotion ran there next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Rye has been awful for a couple of years now, since the track was altered when Len left. I'd be suprised if the Lakeside promotion ran there next season.

If they wish to keep going, then they have little choice - maybe they can get the track shape altered (again) over the winter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TonyE said:

If they wish to keep going, then they have little choice - maybe they can get the track shape altered (again) over the winter.

...or re-introduce the adverse camber on bend two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy