Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Lakeside KOC, CS SF & Play Off SF 6th/7th Oct

Recommended Posts

“We’ve been beaten on aggregate this time but what I will say is that we were beaten as a team, which is our team, without any games or whatever you want to call it.

No games really - so you not agreeing to any fixtures at Arena Essex, knowing it would have to be ridden at Rye House is exactly what?  just taking the piss?

Your team - well congrats on signing Carl Wilkinson and Thomas Jorgenson in that case.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Peterborough got through the meeting despite most difficult circumstances.

Well done GED and Peterborough in general... other promoters may have given up or gone for abandonment with result standing.

 

The reality is that other promotions do not have emergency lighting to hand. Peterborough are in a particularly unique position in this regard.

The apology comes with barbs and that diminishes it in my opinion. Neil Watson went to great pains to point out it is the referee who terminates a meeting early, yet we have references to the 'early finish' at Rye with the inference it was totally a Lakeside decision - so which is it? Last night both teams were using guests and references to 'playing games' does not sit well with someone who, on the face of it, would not agree to race at Arena when the opportunity was there.

I wonder what strokes will be pulled for the play-offs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh well. I suppose it’ll fire up the lakeside boys. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It should make Saturday a bit more interesting after all these meetings with each other. I might even have a visit to Rye myself for this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TonyE said:

The reality is that other promotions do not have emergency lighting to hand. Peterborough are in a particularly unique position in this regard.

The apology comes with barbs and that diminishes it in my opinion. Neil Watson went to great pains to point out it is the referee who terminates a meeting early, yet we have references to the 'early finish' at Rye with the inference it was totally a Lakeside decision - so which is it? Last night both teams were using guests and references to 'playing games' does not sit well with someone who, on the face of it, would not agree to race at Arena when the opportunity was there.

I wonder what strokes will be pulled for the play-offs.

Peterborough were invited to come to the Raceway on 31st August but declined due to rider unavailability although, as far as I can see, only Grondal would have been missing due to a pre-arranged Danish fixture. Ironically, though, it would never been allowed to go ahead anyway due to three CL fixtures taking place already one, of which, involved Scunthorpe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, iainb said:

Now that's what I call an apology... Not coming on here and not apologising

I take you wasn't there as you don't even venture to you're new home track , but if you had have been there i'm sure I would have recognised you wearing you're  idiot mittens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KevtheRev said:

“We’ve been beaten on aggregate this time but what I will say is that we were beaten as a team, which is our team, without any games or whatever you want to call it.

No games really - so you not agreeing to any fixtures at Arena Essex, knowing it would have to be ridden at Rye House is exactly what?  just taking the piss?

Your team - well congrats on signing Carl Wilkinson and Thomas Jorgenson in that case.

 

To counteract you're sarcastic reply I think I should point out to you that Carl Wilkinson & Thomas Jorgensen were replacements for riders who genuinely couldn't be involved in the meeting through injury and not like the Lakeside re-enforcements who were brought in , who could have rode in this meeting , but you're management decided they would be better off bringing in guests who they thought would definitely score more points , some would call it a clever ploy others would call it pure gamesmanship.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TonyE said:

 

The apology comes with barbs and that diminishes it in my opinion.

although you maybe are correct one could argue its excellent promotion

 

everyone loves a bit a niddle and Speedway is sadly lack that these days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I take you wasn't there as you don't even venture to you're new home track , but if you had have been there i'm sure I would have recognised you wearing you're  idiot mittens.

See you next Tuesday

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

To counteract you're sarcastic reply I think I should point out to you that Carl Wilkinson & Thomas Jorgensen were replacements for riders who genuinely couldn't be involved in the meeting through injury and not like the Lakeside re-enforcements who were brought in , who could have rode in this meeting , but you're management decided they would be better off bringing in guests who they thought would definitely score more points , some would call it a clever ploy others would call it pure gamesmanship.

It would have been madness to risk Ben & Alfie getting there on time. Correct decision made.

If your management had agreed to  raced this meeting back in August when only 1 rider from your team would have been missing, yesterday wouldn't have happened, plus It would have been warm and no delay for floodlights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, KevtheRev said:

It would have been madness to risk Ben & Alfie getting there on time. Correct decision made.

If your management had agreed to  raced this meeting back in August when only 1 rider from your team would have been missing, yesterday wouldn't have happened, plus It would have been warm and no delay for floodlights.

Either you've got you're wires crossed or you are very misguided What has the meeting on the supposed date in August at Lakeside got to do with yesterday's meeting in Peterborough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neither - Lakeside proposed at date in August but your management said no.

I'm not going to feed you the facts, there on here somewhere if you want to investigate.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy