Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Lakeside KOC, CS SF & Play Off SF 6th/7th Oct

All I can say is if there's the slimmest possibility of Emil Grondal still having a hand injury then get a guest in. Can't have another meeting like today from him if that was the reason for hi lack of scoring!!

Peterborough have just got steadily worse on both tracks whereas Lakeside have improved with every meeting at both tracks showing that they are far the better team with 3 reliable heat leaders, and back up on a consistent basis,

Dont think even without the injuries to Scott Nicholls and Tom Bacon Peterborough would of done much better as overall the guests have scored on a par with both of them taking into account both tracks.

3 minutes ago, bdjfan said:

All I can say is if there's the slimmest possibility of Emil Grondal still having a hand injury then get a guest in. Can't have another meeting like today from him if that was the reason for hi lack of scoring!!

Hes been given so many chances and hes just not improved and has let the team down on to many occasions he will most probably ride at Rye because its the only place he has shown any liking for.

45 minutes ago, Stiltonpanther said:

Sad that we lost today but full credit to Lakeside. I will be at Rye next week hoping for a miracle. The winter is long.

Good result for Lakeside tonight but it won’t help their crowd next Sunday as I doubt as many Panthers fans will go now, but as a Stilton says it’s a long winter although as good as we are at Rye it’s a big ask.

Far from over - although Lakeside rightly will be strong favourites

Remember how Ipswich had 'one hand on the cup' last year.....

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Good result for Lakeside tonight but it won’t help their crowd next Sunday as I doubt as many Panthers fans will go now, but as a Stilton says it’s a long winter although as good as we are at Rye it’s a big ask.

The same could be said for our home match on Saturday I fear

• Like 1

I thought the fact that he said "thanks to the fans who have supported us over the last 4 years" confirms that. I'll be disappointed if he did leave just because of a disastrous end to a good season. Every season we seem to be worried if we will have a club for next season. Back to the speedway..Grondal awful and that was the difference..Ulrich's not the same and MPT annoyed with his comments because I haven't heard anyone slagging him off. I also have no idea why midway through the meeting when we were leading they decided to change the track from grippy to slick. This was crazy imo and played into Lakesides hands. Very disappointed all round.

6 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Is it just me, or did Ged's talk on the microphone near the end sound like a farewell message ?

No idea, but why would it be? Went in one ear and out of the other, like most of the invisible interviews.  It'd be nice these things could be seen rather than just popping up out of nowhere.

5 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

No idea, but why would it be? 

because Redcar need a new promoter?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stevehone said:

because Redcar need a new promoter?

Nobody bit on the Redcar thread so I'll leave you to make 5 out of 2+2 unless you have something more concrete that you wish to share.

One thing that I did notice is why the Europress banner on the back straight fence has been covered up with a T Balfe banner?

Edited by Crump99

Also.. another poor choice of guest again..why didn't we stick with TJ?

11 minutes ago, Lukas said:

Also.. another poor choice of guest again..why didn't we stick with TJ?

Johnson confirmed Panthers have been forced into a change of number one guest for the home clash.

He revealed their initial selection Thomas Jorgensen has dropped out with Scunthorpe man Steve Worrall being drafted in.

Johnson added: “It’s disappointing not to have Thomas as he has ridden well in his guest bookings for us.

“But he feels that by taking the meeting tomorrow he would not have sufficient time to prepare his machinery for King’s Lynn play-off final in the SGB Premiership on Monday night.

14 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Panthers to win 54-36.

Lakeside have no chance without their guests. This Panthers side are focused and hungry. 

10 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Shame on the Panthers. I truly hope none of them are back next year.

Hope Swales runs the riot act.

good ole J.C.F.  

Praises them up in one post and then 4 hours later , knocks em down with a big stick . super fan .does ha actually go to  meetings or has his time machine ran out of sparks ?

7 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Johnson confirmed Panthers have been forced into a change of number one guest for the home clash.

He revealed their initial selection Thomas Jorgensen has dropped out with Scunthorpe man Steve Worrall being drafted in.

Johnson added: “It’s disappointing not to have Thomas as he has ridden well in his guest bookings for us.

“But he feels that by taking the meeting tomorrow he would not have sufficient time to prepare his machinery for King’s Lynn play-off final in the SGB Premiership on Monday night.

And wasn’t Worrall good, 6+1

It will be interesting to see what he does here next week