British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Lakeside KOC, CS SF & Play Off SF 6th/7th Oct

Looking at the weather forecast then the away leg will be off so if that is the case then is there any chance the home leg will be brought forward to 5 o clock?

25 minutes ago, Lukas said:

Looking at the weather forecast then the away leg will be off so if that is the case then is there any chance the home leg will be brought forward to 5 o clock?

No chance I would have thought.

• Like 1

If the rain does not intervene then Panthers will go through at a canter. 

Looks like the rain could be clearing  the Rye area between 11/30am and12/30 pm approx depending on the state of the track at that time,,with work the track could be race able by 2 pm ....

After all the rain we have had today, I doubt it will take much Sunday to put paid to events.

1 hour ago, marko said:

After all the rain we have had today, I doubt it will take much Sunday to put paid to events.

Do I detect Lakeside supporter's willing the meeting to be cancelled and already doing a rain dance.

10 hours ago, waco said:

Looks like the rain could be clearing  the Rye area between 11/30am and12/30 pm approx depending on the state of the track at that time,,with work the track could be race able by 2 pm ....

Any delay at Rye will impact upon the return match at Peterborough. 

The Rye House leg is OFF, Peterborough leg at 7.00pm goes ahead as planned

8 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Do I detect Lakeside supporter's willing the meeting to be cancelled and already doing a rain dance.

Why would any Lakeside fan want to travel to Rye to watch a patched up side of 6 riders. No thanks.

• Like 3

Who would have thought a rain off would be a blessing for us Hammers fans

7 minutes ago, waco said:

Who would have thought a rain off would be a blessing for us Hammers fans

A possible double header against the same opposition next Saturday, doesent do a lot for me if I'm honest.

8 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Yep. This has all the hall marks of a typical Lakeside season.Ive lost count of the times the team have a good run in the league, make the play offs or get close to them then get cut down by injuries when it comes to the crunch. Nothing you can do about it, but it's frustrating when the cookie always seems to crumble the same way.  It's been a really good team to watch this year with everyone chipping in with points, and it's a team that get in well and support each other.  Once Kyle went out with that wrist injury Ithough the writing was on the wall, but I woukd like to finish the season with the team more or less intact.

All very frustrating, but it's just the way the sport goes unfortunately.

• Like 4

I agree  City Rebel,,, i do not like double headers especially against the same team ,,the time lapse however hopefully gives us a chance to field a more representative side

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

This is the downside of Play Offs. Yes they can mean big crowds and a ‘grand finale’ but when it’s a case of deciding league titles between teams full of guests it becomes a bit farcical.

• Like 6

As El Adio says the team when complete has been a match for any one this season But a rider missing any time has made us so much weaker,,But although the end of season matches are not looking good for us..this team has given us great entertainment and have been a joy to support this season.......

• Like 4