British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Lakeside KOC, CS SF & Play Off SF 6th/7th Oct

If BWD is going home (surely that cant be true!!) then he will be considered as witholding his services and a full facility should be granted

2 hours ago, Taylorj said:

He rides for Somerset too doesn't he ?  Surely he needs to see the season out :blink:

Somerset still got second leg of playoffs v Poole to race next monday i believe and in the cup final as well v Kings Lynn

Edited by scoobydoo

20 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If BWD is going home (surely that cant be true!!) then he will be considered as witholding his services and a full facility should be granted

Dakota North went home early  and Poole got a facility but then again it was Poole 

23 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Only for 28 days, though.  After that, I'm not sure.  NL guests?

I also agree that I can't believe he's going home, while Peterborough and Somerset both have so much still to race for.

I heard he was staying around the UK this winter as he's trying Ice Speedway for the first time? So where is he going then?

Neil - can you confirm? Be good to get rid of the rumours!

5 hours ago, wealdstone said:

In view of speculation over the future of BWD it would be nice if Neil Watson could confirm or otherwise whether he will complete Panthers remaining fixtures.

No answer was the stern reply!!!!!

13 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

I never heard it mentioned on the P A system but with interviews conducted whilst bikes are on the way round I couldn't be sure , someone who is well informed did tell me  that he would not be here till the end of season though but unsure when he will depart and with Ostergaard being a shadow of the rider we know he can be Ged must be very concerned. Just hope he can be persuaded to stay on and Ostergaard  can rekindle some of his form otherwise the season is going to go very flat for Panthers and Panthers fans.

13 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

I never heard it mentioned on the P A system but with interviews conducted whilst bikes are on the way round I couldn't be sure , someone who is well informed did tell me  that he would not be here till the end of season though but unsure when he will depart and with Ostergaard being a shadow of the rider we know he can be Ged must be very concerned. Just hope he can be persuaded to stay on and Ostergaard  can rekindle some of his form otherwise the season is going to go very flat for Panthers and Panthers fans.

I noticed he spent an extraordinarily long time celebrating the win/talking to and shaking hands with fans after the meeting (only using his good hand incidentally - the other is obviously causing him pain/difficulty)  and I now wonder if it’s connected after posts I have read on here today.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Looks like BWD doesnt like riding in October... didn't he finish his season early last year too? 

You could well be correct on that, but I think several riders from the southern hemisphere have done this in  past years .Time they were meant to sign watertight contracts to ensure this never reoccurs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

You could well be correct on that, but I think several riders from the southern hemisphere have done this in  past years .Time they were meant to sign watertight contracts to ensure this never reoccurs.

Problem being that March to October no longer applies to all which is why it's more a recent problem.

Perhaps just need to wait and see

1) if its true

2) the reason

Then everyone can give a valid opinion on the facts rather than just speculation

No doubt Neil will inform and explain when the time is right and he is able to

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

No answer was the stern reply!!!!!

Maybe Ged is hopeful he can get BWD to change his plans , so from his point of view it wouldn't be sensible to announce anything until all avenue's have been explored.

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Perhaps just need to wait and see

1) if its true

2) the reason

Then everyone can give a valid opinion on the facts rather than just speculation

No doubt Neil will inform and explain when the time is right and he is able to

Speculation usually informs much quicker.