British Speedway Forum
Coventry_Bee

Speedway vs Moto GP

1 hour ago, TesarRacing said:

I am an ex road-racer from the mid 70's to early 80's era and have been spectating at speedway meetings since 1973. Never tried speedway as not brave enough! :o

Although having competed at national level racing I always preferred to watch speedway rather than GP/ MotoGP racing mainly for the team aspect of speedway racing. i think this holds a special dimension for the sport and although I enjoy individual meetings it is the team nature that holds my interest.

Having said all that I now prefer to watch MotoGP rather than speedway on TV or live. I think MotoGP has come along way in respect of the way riders ride the bikes and the technology used. I went to Mugello this year with my wife and the atmosphere was electrifying and we have a fantastic weekend watching the qualifying and races.It is my opinion but speedway can't match that now. I raced in the era of Barry Sheene, Kenny Roberts, Phil Read and Ago but I reckon the Speedway World Finals and big meetings of that time were much more enjoyable to watch than the road race meetings

Were you racing Rd's???  If not what were you on?

23 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Were you racing Rd's???  If not what were you on?

TZ250's and 350's. Got to ride an ex Steve Parrish RG500 at Mallory although not in a race but in the morning practice session and that was pretty amazing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TesarRacing said:

TZ250's and 350's. Got to ride an ex Steve Parrish RG500 at Mallory although not in a race but in the morning practice session and that was pretty amazing.

Oh wow you lucky lucky man.

I've owned blades r1 10r  and currently a Gixxer..so I understand about acceleration., but i once got to ride a TZ250 at Darley moor when I was testing a kart, i can honestly say I've never felt acceleration like it once I eventually slipped the clutch out, I really did scream out loud...holy s..t .  I've still never felt anything like it.   I would give my life to have a go on a 500gp bike. They must be something else.

• Like 2