British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chairboy

Lakeside/Kyle Newman

Genuine question - does anyone have a theory as to why Lakeside persist with R/R (rather than a guest) for Kyle Newman? I was at Peterborough last night and I can't see how giving extra rides to Alfie Bowtell and Broc Nicol is supposed to work.

3 minutes ago, White City Rebel said:

Genuine question - does anyone have a theory as to why Lakeside persist with R/R (rather than a guest) for Kyle Newman? I was at Peterborough last night and I can't see how giving extra rides to Alfie Bowtell and Broc Nicol is supposed to work.

They are not entitled to a guest - only r/r as he's 4th in the averages 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, White City Rebel said:

It doesn't work - that is what is so annoying to Hammers' fans

• Like 1

While I am not a fan of guests and it has got Totaly out of hand,I don't see why you can't have one for any team member that is injured up to their average.Especially when you can have one for you highest average reserve.

• Like 5

More annoying to Kyle though.... 

On a side note... I see Dan Bewley is getting lots of help and money from various sources to help with rehab etc. But didnt seem anything was done for Kyle. I take it that he didnt need any assistance? Or was this not thought of?  :blink:

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

More annoying to Kyle though.... 

On a side note... I see Dan Bewley is getting lots of help and money from various sources to help with rehab etc. But didnt seem anything was done for Kyle. I take it that he didnt need any assistance? Or was this not thought of?  :blink:

:rolleyes: really can’t believe you actually said that ! Dan broke his leg in 5 places, his wrist and his shoulder, currently in a wheelchair ...quite a difference to Kyles injury I think 

• Like 1

Cumbrians stick together and do what they think is right .dan has excelled this season at most , if not all tracks he has ridden . EVERYONE love the wee guy .

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

:rolleyes: really can’t believe you actually said that ! Dan broke his leg in 5 places, his wrist and his shoulder, currently in a wheelchair ...quite a difference to Kyles injury I think 

You think? But you dont know about Kyle? Yes we know Dan did suffer those injuries but an accident I believe that was Dan's fault and Kyle was the innocent party... so are you saying that because Kyle's injuries were not as serious that he should be forgotten about.  As far as I'm aware Kyle's injuries are/were bad enough to end his season.... :blink:

45 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

You think? But you dont know about Kyle? Yes we know Dan did suffer those injuries but an accident I believe that was Dan's fault and Kyle was the innocent party... so are you saying that because Kyle's injuries were not as serious that he should be forgotten about.  As far as I'm aware Kyle's injuries are/were bad enough to end his season.... :blink:

Come on children , time to grow up , we don't really need this kids stuff (my dads bigger than yours)  do we

• Like 1

Don't injured riders have access to assistance from the SRBF?   Just because they dont publicise the help doesn't mean they don't get it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

the good people of the speedway world are supporting dan in his quest to regain full fitness. locals and not so locals are helping him , these people set up these funds etc . 

so why dont kyles family , friends do exactly the same . there is nothing stopping them doing a bit of fund raising for him . if i remember, i THINK kyle walked away from that accident , where as wee dan was laying on the track for quite some time . the way i seen it was kyle was defending his position with dan really, really close and then mason was right behind them . 

it was not dans fault , it was a racing accident and they happen all the time .

so if you feel kyle is not being supported, get out and do something about  .belle vue, workington did , as did many , many others . stop moaning about it and get ones finger ooot .

• Like 3

14 hours ago, jenga said:

Cumbrians stick together and do & say(post) what they think is right .dan has excelled this season at most , if not all tracks he has ridden . EVERYONE love the wee guy .

edited for accuracy

20 hours ago, TonyE said:

It doesn't work - that is what is so annoying to Hammers' fans

It's annoying to opposition fans as well. Pointless heats. Can't call them races with riders to the standard of those named (no disrespect but they are out of their depth, well Bowtell especially despite somehow winning heat 8) as replacements.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

edited for accuracy

My god you have posted something that is correct :lol::approve: