British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chairboy

Lakeside/Kyle Newman

15 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

You think? But you dont know about Kyle? Yes we know Dan did suffer those injuries but an accident I believe that was Dan's fault and Kyle was the innocent party... so are you saying that because Kyle's injuries were not as serious that he should be forgotten about.  As far as I'm aware Kyle's injuries are/were bad enough to end his season.... :blink:

The accident - from where I was standing and I had a very good view - most certainly was not Dan Bewley's fault. Then again, neither was it Kyle Newman's.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Newman's injury should be 'forgotten about'. But, in scale and severity, there is simply no comparison with what Bewley suffered.

Bewley is still in a wheelchair and will be for some time to come. His estimated recovery time (at least to ride again) is 6 months. Someone said to me the other day that he didn't know it was possible to break a femur in 5 places. 

It cannot be the case that every injury suffered by a rider will be of the kind that will generate substantial fund rising activities. However, it is difficult to imagine that the appalling injuries suffered by one of British Speedway's most outstanding young riders would not be one of them. 

• Like 4