British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry v Eastbourne Play Offs.

TurnTwo- Wrong Jordan if I was to have a bet. a lot will depend on the final decisions on the NL formation for 2019 and also what happens to the Leicester Lions league choice 

2 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

Leicester would have a pretty good team in Clegg, Thompson twins, palin, Mountain that’s 26 points and only 2 riders needed..

that team would get everyone's attention like mildenhall this year. even if the rumours are true and a further drop in points are right . possible 2 x 5 pt riders in there would look a cracking side.

If the limit is 30 then I will not be going to watch speedway next season at any level as I do not like the two higher leagues and I do not wish to spend £13 watching a glorified mdl

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Jonnybegood said:

That won’t work if the limit is around 30

where do you get that the limit will be 30 that's ridiculous .

2 hours ago, gee jay said:

where do you get that the limit will be 30 that's ridiculous .

The strong implications are Brum,easty Kent,Mildy and warriors are stepping up to a larger and slightly weakened second tier, with what was the national league turning into a development league with around 32 point limit and a 6.5 point cap on any rider.

All speculation, but for once it's clubs and promoters speculating, rather then some no it all fans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

oh come on a 32 point limit and a 6.5 point gap is just madness surely it would put alot of riders out of work as we know the gap is between tier 2 and 3 is huge it would just be bigger with many falling into the huge void between the 2 leagues. 

A ridiculous low points limit has never worked in any league at any time.Even if the likes of Eastie etc do go up a league, leave it at 39 and build to that, not all will make it, but would allow the likes of Edwards etc to compete in both leagues to gain experience. If Eastie,Kent etc don't go up it needs to be 42 to keep riders employed.

• Like 1

Yeah the NL in current format needs a 42 point limit (maybe higher next year, as this year's low average has falsely inflated some riders averages)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

The strong implications are Brum,easty Kent,Mildy and warriors are stepping up to a larger and slightly weakened second tier, with what was the national league turning into a development league with around 32 point limit and a 6.5 point cap on any rider.

All speculation, but for once it's clubs and promoters speculating, rather then some no it all fans.

Be terrible if that was the case with half the teams moving up would sink what is left. Cant see Stoke, Buxton and Plymouth surviving.  Whilst clubs have to look out for themselves there is a touch of abandon ship about this rumour. 

On 9/26/2018 at 11:11 AM, *JJ said:

Good news, but where and how? Alternative rumour is that Leicester are going to run their own NL team.

If they do then obviously it would be a struggle for us. They could run Coventry :D..

I see the forecast for Saturday isn't great and with Eastbourne facing Mildenhall on the 13th i guess our rearrange date will be the 20th?

5 hours ago, Woz01 said:

I see the forecast for Saturday isn't great and with Eastbourne facing Mildenhall on the 13th i guess our rearrange date will be the 20th?

Far too risky with the weather as it is. I can see Eastie running a double header at some point.

Hope they make a early call we got a 9/10 hour drive to get there 

55 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Hope they make a early call we got a 9/10 hour drive to get there 

bloody hell where you coming from mac thats a huge journey 

13 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

bloody hell where you coming from mac thats a huge journey 

Glasgow lol

• Like 1