British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry v Eastbourne Play Offs.

weather forecast been consistant all week other than 5 hrs of the 12 hrs of showers now even heavier rain. lovely day friday and sunday so really annoying. we leave at 2.30 so unless they call it off on the back of the forecast alone , which is doubtful as the track would be dust after a dry week , it will be too late for us so we've decided to make do with just a trip to covester on sunday , hopefully the forecast is wrong for all who are going and this is not then the first leg ,  but it's not worth the risk and we've only got a 4 hr drive.   

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Far too risky with the weather as it is. I can see Eastie running a double header at some point.

We risk the weather every year and have got away with it just, but can't see any way we'll finish the league fixtures against Mildenhall at home and Buxton and Stoke away. At this point looks very likely Saturday will be a rainoff, then hopefully the  Ko cup will be sorted on the 12th/13th. We will chance the weather I'm sure, and run the Coventry semi on the 20th, we then have the last Friday and Sunday reserved for the final assuming we don't slip up  against Coventry  (stock cars are running on Saturday 27th). Who knows what will happen if we have more rainoffs though . Can also see when you start getting the wetter October weather many of us won't risk the weather, as said by me and so many others before,why on earth can't the league be the priority, run through the summer and have the cut off date by 31st August or at worst the first Saturday in September, at least the finals should be done by the end of September at worst early October.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

I'm suprised tonight's meeting hasn't been called off. The forecast for today is awful. Watching the GP on the box is looking more likely for me.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:59 PM, ruckerroo said:

fyi its buxton 60-30 eastie if they ever get round to running that 

hope not and its on the 21st October

8 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Next weekends long range fc isnt good either

Never left the house tonight, which is unusual for me.

after 5 hours in the pissing rain , wind and cold at fontwell I couldn't wait to get home

We turned up at4-30 track was  dry and looked perfect 6 o’clock started to rain and never stopped gutted is a understatement 

Always going to be called off. So todays meeting is now the first leg. I've seen pictures of Leicesters track from early evening yesterday, there were puddles on the bends but was being swept away into the drains. Had virtually no rain in the area since mid afternoon yesterday so it should be all good to go for 4pm.

• Like 1

You couldn't make it up really. Eastbourne try to run when every weather forecast is against it, yet today is off when its bone dry. Who would plan anything around speedway fixtures.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

You couldn't make it up really. Eastbourne try to run when every weather forecast is against it, yet today is off when its bone dry. Who would plan anything around speedway fixtures.

I booked today off work to attend.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Woz01 said:

Always going to be called off. So todays meeting is now the first leg. I've seen pictures of Leicesters track from early evening yesterday, there were puddles on the bends but was being swept away into the drains. Had virtually no rain in the area since mid afternoon yesterday so it should be all good to go for 4pm.

Yes what happened? No rain since yesterday afternoon and with a 4pm start I was expecting the track to be sorted out okay, especially as it is a lovely sunny day. So disappointing.  :cry: