British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry v Eastbourne Play Offs.

I don't if it's true but it seems there was a ride and slide event on Saturday. If that was ran in those conditions then the track was probably in an awful condition after that. 

Nonsense, tracks have Stock Cars running in pouring rain with the Final race finishing at 11pm, and still have the Track ready for Speedway at 3pm the following day, 

54 minutes ago, Argos said:

Nonsense, tracks have Stock Cars running in pouring rain with the Final race finishing at 11pm, and still have the Track ready for Speedway at 3pm the following day, 

Do they? At Brandon the track barely recovered if they had a Speedway meeting Monday after Stox on a Saturday. As I said I've seen pictures of the track from late afternoon Saturday and it wasn't in great shape, letting anything ride on the track wouldve made it worse. I'm not giving them excuses as I think they should be able to get it ready considering weather we had after the downfall but running an event in those conditions doesn't help and wouldve required extra work.

Well we can put conspiracy theories to bed, home meeting rearranged for this Sunday at Leicester (3pm).

But can we? Someone has said there is an Amateur Meeting on Sunday that has been arranged for ages. :D Hopefully he is mistaken. 

57 minutes ago, Gemini said:

But can we? Someone has said there is an Amateur Meeting on Sunday that has been arranged for ages. :D Hopefully he is mistaken. 

You're quite right, the Dragons Speedway Club have booked the venue for this Sunday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

Probably this takes priority although there has been two differing meetings on one day before. 

Their website does state that their meeting is 12-4 So we shall see what they have planned. 

Edited by Woz01
  • Confused 1

This does sound a dodgy idea if they dont finish till 4pm as Bees match is supposed to start at 3pm. Should make it very interesting. :D

3 minutes ago, Gemini said:

This does sound a dodgy idea if they dont finish till 4pm as Bees match is supposed to start at 3pm. Should make it very interesting. :D

Dragons meeting is cancelled so we will be riding Sunday, hopefully.

Eastbourne are looking at moving their Home KOC meeting to midweek to accommodate Coventry this Saturday 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

They made a mistake it’s coventry they are trying to get to come midweek rules us out 

8 hours ago, mac101 said:

They made a mistake it’s coventry they are trying to get to come midweek rules us out 

Doubt Coventry will be at full strength if that happens.

13 hours ago, Woz01 said:

Dragons meeting is cancelled so we will be riding Sunday, hopefully.

Eastbourne are looking at moving their Home KOC meeting to midweek to accommodate Coventry this Saturday 

Rough on the Dragons. I know league speedway takes priority but still feel sorry for all riders and organisers who have been pushed aside due to terrible fixture planning.

Brave by Eastbourne to run midweek, but it’s not fair on them to have to run double header finals and a week or sos notice in advance I’m sure is adequate enough for them to get time off work? 

27 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Brave by Eastbourne to run midweek, but it’s not fair on them to have to run double header finals and a week or sos notice in advance I’m sure is adequate enough for them to get time off work? 

Eastbourne have been determined to not run a double header and fri/sat was initially mooted but rejected by the home riders. Not sure how forgiving your boss is but i suspect the patience of some employers is probably wearing thin at this stage of the season? 

No disrespect to Ryan Mac or any others who cant get the time off but hope Cov can secure some powerful guests if required.

• Like 1