British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry v Eastbourne Play Offs.

Should Eastbourne get through the 1st leg will be 21st at Mildenhall and if they dont it'll revert to a league fixture. I'm guessing if its Mildenhall v Coventry it'll be 27th and 28th.

Edited by Woz01

29 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

Should Eastbourne get through the 1st leg will be 21st at Mildenhall and if they dont it'll revert to a league fixture. I'm guessing if its Mildenhall v Coventry it'll be 27th and 28th.

1st leg is at Arlington on the 21st if Eastbourne qualify. According to the Eagles website.

I’ve read and read and read the fixtures and I still don’t understand how woz can get them wrong rofl! 

Copied from the www.eastbourneeagles.co home in bold. 

October 17th PO semi-final, Eastbourne v Coventry, 8pm start home

October 20th PO semi-final Coventry v Eastbourne away

October 21st Eastbourne v Mildenhall, 7.30pm start Play Off Final OR league match home

October 24th National League, Stoke v Eastbourne away

October 26th RESERVED Eastbourne v Mildenhall, 8pm start – only if we have qualified for the PO Final. Home

4 hours ago, Woz01 said:

As I understand it we are missing at least Armstrong and MacDonald for Wednesday. Best guest available for Armstrong seems to be Stoneman.

We don't know the teams yet but if you are right it will make Coventry stronger not weaker.   I'll take Stoneman over Armstrong any day of the week at Arlington where Armo really does struggle and the prospect of MacDonald even getting a point would be remote.

If they have to go r/r for Armstrong it would not be a disaster with Mountain getting an extra ride and a couple of extra rides for Luke Harris who has plenty of experience at Arlington and looks better every time.  I expect Luke to be in double figures on Wednesday.

The way the Eagles are riding and with Charlie Brooks coming on leaps and bounds at No 7 they don't need to be plotting to get an advantage only to make sure that mechanically they are sound.   

48 minutes ago, Hunters said:

We don't know the teams yet but if you are right it will make Coventry stronger not weaker.   I'll take Stoneman over Armstrong any day of the week at Arlington where Armo really does struggle and the prospect of MacDonald even getting a point would be remote.

If they have to go r/r for Armstrong it would not be a disaster with Mountain getting an extra ride and a couple of extra rides for Luke Harris who has plenty of experience at Arlington and looks better every time.  I expect Luke to be in double figures on Wednesday.

The way the Eagles are riding and with Charlie Brooks coming on leaps and bounds at No 7 they don't need to be plotting to get an advantage only to make sure that mechanically they are sound.   

It’s Halder at reserve, not Harris. 

1 hour ago, TurnTwo said:

I’ve read and read and read the fixtures and I still don’t understand how woz can get them wrong rofl! 

Copied from the www.eastbourneeagles.co home in bold. 

October 17th PO semi-final, Eastbourne v Coventry, 8pm start home

October 20th PO semi-final Coventry v Eastbourne away

October 21st Eastbourne v Mildenhall, 7.30pm start Play Off Final OR league match home

October 24th National League, Stoke v Eastbourne away

October 26th RESERVED Eastbourne v Mildenhall, 8pm start – only if we have qualified for the PO Final. Home

I have the flu, that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it :D . I seen their tweet and just assumed it would be at Mildenhall considering it's on a Sunday and Eastbourne usually ride Saturdays. Doh!

We need to keep it to no more than 12 in all honesty, we've beaten them by that already at Leicester. We should hear team news tomorrow.

Edited by Woz01
  • Haha 1

Looks like a decent day weather wise on wednesday. Hopefully it's a good meeting, for those of us attending! 

Glad I saw the ko cup final Saturday, as the playoffs are out for me now not running any of it on a Saturday. Hopefully the weather stays good and we do the double. Might be the last year I go if the fixtures and points limit are similar to this season; run through the summer and have finals in September would help.

Coventry team on Wednesday 

1. Connor Mountain

2. Danny Phillips R/R

3. Luke Harris

4. Nathan Stoneman 

5. Luke Ruddick 

6. Nick Laurence

7. Jamie Halder

So 3 of our 1-7 missing. Probably the best two guests we could bring in. 

I did not realise that Halder was back at reserve,  He goes pretty well at Arlington for a reserve and Laurence has a lot of experience there.

The biggest plus is r/r for Danny Phillips who cannot master the track with 12 points from last 13 rides.   Horses for courses this Bees side is stronger than their declared 7   but should  still have a mountain to climb (no pun intended).

Told it will be RR for Ethan.

very clever from cov, Armstrong hates it and phillips is useless there, plus stonemans terrific there, very clever indeed.

7 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

very clever from cov, Armstrong hates it and phillips is useless there, plus stonemans terrific there, very clever indeed.

Plenty of reasons not to turn up for a midweek away match at NL level. Work commitments is the most common one.

• Like 1

All have work commitments. Even before the date was announced Armstrong and MacDonalds family said on my Facebook page that there is no way they could get to Eastbourne midweek because of work. It's at least a 16 hour round trip for MacDonald so he's have to get a minimum 2 days off.

Edited by Woz01
  • Like 2