British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry v Eastbourne Play Offs.

3 hours ago, gazzac said:

Glad I saw the ko cup final Saturday, as the playoffs are out for me now not running any of it on a Saturday. Hopefully the weather stays good and we do the double. Might be the last year I go if the fixtures and points limit are similar to this season; run through the summer and have finals in September would help.

know how you feel , between the weather and car trouble we haven't seen any live speedway since  the double header on 15th sept . now it looks like the only one we can now make is covester on sat , and that's only if the car is finally sorted out on weds , gutted.

Midweek meetings have never been well attended at Eastie. The year they ran in the EL on thursday nights were a disaster.

5 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Midweek meetings have never been well attended at Eastie. The year they ran in the EL on thursday nights were a disaster.

And ironically the Bangers crowds weren't as strong on the weekends that year, hence the swap back to Wednesdays for the cars and sat for the bikes the following year.

4 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

And ironically the Bangers crowds weren't as strong on the weekends that year, hence the swap back to Wednesdays for the cars and sat for the bikes the following year.

I've heard that before. That's a strange one.

Sounds like Jamie Halder has had to pull some strings to be at Eastbourne tomorrow. If he was missing that would've truly been a disaster.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Woz01 said:

Sounds like Jamie Halder has had to pull some strings to be at Eastbourne tomorrow. If he was missing that would've truly been a disaster.

You are in with a big chance to create a sensation. However, can they deliver against the Eastbourne machine?

12 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

You are in with a big chance to create a sensation. However, can they deliver against the Eastbourne machine?

Huge underdogs over the two legs, we have to somehow keep it as close as possible. I think that would require Mountain and Stoneman to get into double figures with the rest chipping in.

Is there anyone going tonight  who would be able to text updates to the Updates site please? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number. 

Thanks 

Well If brooks rides like that against Mildenhall then I think Eastbourne could well be champions - sensational. 

A walk in the park for the Eagles last night. The crowd was poor, but that was to be expected. Mildenhall have gone off the boil at the wrong time of the season, and injuries are starting to take their toll. It would be an injustice if Eastbourne won the league, but those are the rules of the game.

• Like 1

Mildenhall’s injuries and Brooks’ sudden upturn of form looks like it could could swing the league title. 

It looks pretty much a formality thats its eastie v mildy in the po final now. If you were mildys manager who would you get to guest ?  I would imagine its going to be rr for jenkins and a guest up to 8.99 for ayres. No brainer for me but who would pick if you had your team managers hat on ?

When the opposition reserve scores paid 20 your not going to get close. All we can do now is win the home meeting a gain some of those point a back. 

Hard to imagine that at the start of the year Charlie Brooks was a complete rookie and struggled to even get a point.  I wondered why they picked him as he only had a couple of youth championship meetings in 2017 and failed to score.  Now look at him, must be the developer of the year from a zero base.

Martin Dugard puts a lot of effort into helping the youngsters and it pays off.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

It looks pretty much a formality thats its eastie v mildy in the po final now. If you were mildys manager who would you get to guest ?  I would imagine its going to be rr for jenkins and a guest up to 8.99 for ayres. No brainer for me but who would pick if you had your team managers hat on ?

You would need someone who can mix it against the Eagles, i would go for Clegg or Stoneman. R/R for Jenkins. Hope Beebee is fit?