British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry v Eastbourne Play Offs.

What the hell Is going on, I’m in the shopping Centre by the Track, Sun is shining it’s nice and warm, there is NO way this meeting should have been called off, there’s something fishy going on here, I’ll go up to the Track now and take some Photos of the Track and post them on here 

• Like 1

Calling off meetings like this is a major contributory factor as to why fans have been deserting the sinking Speedway ship!

Even if the track was 'unfit' several hours ago it just isn't good enough on a near perfect day for Speedway!

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

Calling off meetings like this is a major contributory factor as to why fans have been deserting the sinking Speedway ship!

Even if the track was 'unfit' several hours ago it just isn't good enough on a near perfect day for Speedway!

It is unbelievable, surely any track that is dry all day with a start time of 4.00 can't be made raceable by that time? If Eastie had been at home today I'd be going expecting the track to be pretty much perfect even with last night's heavy rain. As you say the fixture planning/calling off meetings is a huge factor with the poor crowds, think it just wears everyone down and we get fed up trying to double guess if it's on or not, especially when there were so few meetings run in the summer.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 2

Why not have a one off match at Belle Vue with the winners playing mildenhall in the second match there same day all done dusted in one day pretty sure you would get a good crowd  lol 

The stadium is locked up like a Fortress, but a beautiful afternoon, I just hope a member of the Coventry Management puts out a Statement why it off, they better not say due to Track Conditions 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Argos said:

What the hell Is going on, I’m in the shopping Centre by the Track, Sun is shining it’s nice and warm, there is NO way this meeting should have been called off, there’s something fishy going on here, I’ll go up to the Track now and take some Photos of the Track and post them on here 

I've been told there was a ride and slide day on yesterday and photos I've seen from the track yesterday shows puddles on track but also cones dotted around. If it ran in those conditions it may be the reason why.

Edited by Woz01

3 minutes ago, Argos said:

The stadium is locked up like a Fortress, but a beautiful afternoon, I just hope a member of the Coventry Management puts out a Statement why it off, they better not say due to Track Conditions 

Track was deemed unfit after an inspection but that was 9am.

People will blame Eastbourne for a gung ho effort to try and race yest and they fell 45 mins short, today is the prime reason there are fans leaving speedway in bucket loads, beautiful day , what a joke.

I hope it rains for the rest of the month so these clubs don't complete these fixtures. Then it will show how pathetic they are, and how much disdain they show for the sport. Eastbourne can't ride on the warmest day of the year because there is a Football match on 3 hours later, and now Coventry can't get a tractor to go round for a few times in 7 hours.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Argos said:

You'll be lucky. Pretty much sums up how Speedway is now. Woz took the day off work so he could attend, I had to arrange for family members to visit yesterday and not today even though it was inconvenient for them.  All for nothing.  I'm not bothering again as I just don't believe the track couldn't have been prepared in time for a 4pm start.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rocket007 said:

I hope it rains for the rest of the month so these clubs don't complete these fixtures. Then it will show how pathetic they are, and how much disdain they show for the sport. Eastbourne can't ride on the warmest day of the year because there is a Football match on 3 hours later, and now Coventry can't get a tractor to go round for a few times in 7 hours.

shame you couldn't have stayed in business to show us all how it should be done.

36 minutes ago, Argos said:

Well were is Niel Watson 

It’s Neil, and I’m at Peterborough!

• Like 1

The decision would have been down to Leicester’s track man really as it’s their track and prepare it 

5 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

It’s Neil, and I’m at Peterborough!

Apologies Neil, but you have previously told us Coventry’s version of events, 

• Like 1