British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Vs Someset Play off semi Final 2nd Leg 01/10/18

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Absolutely 100% correct. It could easily be sorted privately at the patients preferred date. Both Somerset and Peterborough could have helped arrange this. Hardly going to cost thousands removing a plate and screws.

It has to be wondered, in Somersets case, that they were happy with him going ahead with the opperation in the knowledge he would be well covered by r/r.

Always a bit dodgy going with only 6 riders though, only need one rider off form and you down to 5, you cannot afford anyone to be struggling whereas with 7 you can cover that off form rider, that would be my worry if it were my team but as you say difficult to see how the riders replacing him won't get more than 5 from 4 rides.

Usual tripe from gavan just stirring as per usual theres no way the rr rides are going to get less than 5 makes somerset stronger never does it make them weaker....!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Absolutely 100% correct. It could easily be sorted privately at the patients preferred date. Both Somerset and Peterborough could have helped arrange this. Hardly going to cost thousands removing a plate and screws.

It has to be wondered, in Somersets case, that they were happy with him going ahead with the opperation in the knowledge he would be well covered by r/r.

It would actually cost a few thousand ...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Depends whether the riders who are going to take his rides are likely to score more than him. In this case, looking at the other riders scores at Poole this year, the answer is a resounding yes.

I can't see how this was done deliberately though, Peterborough are very much weakened without him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I can't see how this was done deliberately though, Peterborough are very much weakened without him.

Clearly not done deliberately but Somerset benefitting by the timing. 

29 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Depends whether the riders who are going to take his rides are likely to score more than him. In this case, looking at the other riders scores at Poole this year, the answer is a resounding yes.

24 minutes ago, foreverblue said:
Always a bit dodgy going with only 6 riders though, only need one rider off form and you down to 5, you cannot afford anyone to be struggling whereas with 7 you can cover that off form rider, that would be my worry if it were my team but as you say difficult to see how the riders replacing him won't get more than 5 from 4 rides.

Agree with fb, only takes one rider to have a crash and all of a sudden you are down to five men and right up against it with a huge strain on man and machine. 

Assuming Somerset finish the meeting with all six starters I can still see this going to the wire.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Think your clever mate dont you.  We get past Somerset we will pummal your lot into the shale. Hows that grab ya.:icon_smile_clown:

Don’t think so if we make the final it going to be tight and could go either way but Kings Lynn must be clear favourites. 

Assuming we go through I don’t think there will be a clear favourite whoever we face. 

9 hours ago, BluPanther said:

If only a certain promoter had 200,000 zlotys lying around...

12 hours ago, BluPanther said:

Would have thought most riders would have insurance covering the cost of injuries and medical cover, as the delays in getting an NHS operation etc rather than using a private facility could cost them thousands in lost earnings . 

Edited by A ORLOV

3 hours ago, iainb said:

If only a certain promoter had 200,000 zlotys lying around...

If only ANY promoter had 200,000 zlotys  lying around?!:shock:

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

If only ANY promoter had 200,000 zlotys  lying around?!:shock:

I am confident that there is a goodly number in Poland ( in cash in the safe ) and there are one or two in the UK but they are likely are too canny to spend it on an investment like a rider's medical needs! £40k.

15 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes it sounds a cliché but Somerset are stronger without him. He isn’t a big scorer at Poole. Summers, Lawson, Allen and Covatti taking his rides do not weaken Somerset at all.

His scores are 5 from 5 and 5 from 5.

I still believe Poole are good enough to go through but his absence makes it tighter.

I think RR is about the same as having BWD. 

The Rebels have visited Poole 3 times this season as you know. Where BWB has rode in 2 scoring 5 and 5, both from 5 rides as you say, although he fell in 1.

Lawson takes a ride...2  meetings this year scoring 7 from 6 rides and 8 from 4.

Summers has rode twice, scoring 2 points both times.

Covatti scored 5 and 6 from 5.

Allen has scored 6 and 2.

I would expect 5 points from his replacements.

Of course anything can happen.You only have to look at MPT's 18, the time before he scored 6 from 5 at BV. They might score 7, they could score 3.

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think RR is about the same as having BWD. 

The Rebels have visited Poole 3 times this season as you know. Where BWB has rode in 2 scoring 5 and 5, both from 5 rides as you say, although he fell in 1.

Lawson takes a ride...2  meetings this year scoring 7 from 6 rides and 8 from 4.

Summers has rode twice, scoring 2 points both times.

Covatti scored 5 and 6 from 5.

Allen has scored 6 and 2.

I would expect 5 points from his replacements.

Of course anything can happen.You only have to look at MPT's 18, the time before he scored 6 from 5 at BV. They might score 7, they could score 3.

Spot on we will never know until the night but i cant see how Somerset are weaker, its just the usual line.................if an opposing team misses a rider they are automatically stronger....if Poole miss a rider they are weaker