British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Vs Someset Play off semi Final 2nd Leg 01/10/18

5 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

Would have thought most riders would have insurance covering the cost of injuries and medical cover, as the delays in getting an NHS operation etc rather than using a private facility could cost them thousands in lost earnings . 

Why have insurance when you can get UK tax payers to stump up the cost. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Sorry but it really does. BWD scores 5 from 5 on average around Poole. Summers, Allen, Covatti and Lawson should easily do better than that. Absolutely in this case.

I'm not sure. Summers and Lawson on their day can struggle at Poole. Covatti has shown he can be pretty good at Poole. Who are the reserves? If one of them is Covatti then they are not weaker as he'll just have seven rides.

18 hours ago, Gavan said:

Same old rubbish from the same old people 

Thank god for normal Poole fans like rayc who rather than troll realise the truth.

This season Summers has scored 2 both times

Jake Allen scored 2

Both Lawson and Covatti have failed to win a race at Poole in 13 races between them

BWD been there once this season and scored 5 including a fall but beat Woryna twice and won a heat.

Poole can only beat what’s in front of them but the luck is going there way and unfortunate for Somerset to be weakened 

You know previous form goes out of the window in the playoffs Gavan! Brady turned his Somerset form round the other week, why can't Somerset riders can do the same at Poole?

9 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Why have insurance when you can get UK tax payers to stump up the cost. 

NZ only has a part reciprocal medical cover agreement with GB so he could get a bill, which is why he should have insurance.  That is when the NHS bother to invoice foreigners as it is the tax payers money.  Not sure what happens if residency or dual nationality comes into the decision to charge or not.    

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Spot on we will never know until the night but i cant see how Somerset are weaker.................

We finally agree on something. As I said Somerset are stronger with r/r.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ray c said:

Good job it's not poole using r/r because we would be weaker funny old world B)

Depends on which rider was missing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Depends on which rider was missing.

Makes you wonder if Ray C is a poole fan with comments like the above..:o

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I'm not sure. Summers and Lawson on their day can struggle at Poole. Covatti has shown he can be pretty good at Poole. Who are the reserves? If one of them is Covatti then they are not weaker as he'll just have seven rides.

On Paper it makes them stronger with Covatti at reserve as well. Lets hope all our boys turn up in one piece and on it from the get go. Including Worrell.

13 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

I been a poole supporter a lot longer than you this is a forum for debate i write how i see it if you dont like what i write dont read it better still put me on ignore bye

• Like 7

I think this is going to be a cracking meeting but a shame it's going to be going head to head with Bournemouth v Crystal palace in the premiership which is a TV game too.

Hope this doesn't affect the attendance as I know there will be a few divided loyalties 

14 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Maybe he his a Poole speedway supporter without the blue tinted specs!

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, TesarRacing said:

Maybe he his a Poole speedway supporter without the blue tinted specs!

You got in one:party:

• Like 3