British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Vs Someset Play off semi Final 2nd Leg 01/10/18

Be interesting to see where Summers turns up. Will he be mechanic again in the pits for Belle Vue??

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

3 golden heats....? Whether that is an extra 3 proper heats or just 3 run offs I don't know! 

Much prefer my idea.....and knowng the bspa...That's the sort of thing whey would come up with....or maybe a pillow fight? 

7 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Much prefer my idea.....and knowng the bspa...That's the sort of thing whey would come up with....or maybe a pillow fight? 

Mine's not an idea, it's the rules! :P

• Like 1

Just to clarify as one or two have already pointed out Howarth guests for BWD and its r/r for Summers (can't be the other way around as the averages don't work!), meaning that Howarth, Allen and Covatti can take the rides.

As for whether the season tickets are eligible for tonight - I doubt it as it clearly states that they are not valid for the play-offs.

There was an extra anniversary meeting Pirates v Yarmouth back in April and MF says in the paper today that if we don't get into the final then he is considering an extra meeting in mid/late October.

As for the Golden Heats rule - each team manager chooses 3 pairs of riders who race off in turn. If its still level after those 3 heats then its a 'sudden death' best pair v best pair until a clear result is reached.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Just to clarify as one or two have already pointed out Howarth guests for BWD and its r/r for Summers (can't be the other way around as the averages don't work!), meaning that Howarth, Allen and Covatti can take the rides.

As for whether the season tickets are eligible for tonight - I doubt it as it clearly states that they are not valid for the play-offs.

There was an extra anniversary meeting Pirates v Yarmouth back in April and MF says in the paper today that if we don't get into the final then he is considering an extra meeting in mid/late October.

As for the Golden Heats rule - each team manager chooses 3 pairs of riders who race off in turn. If its still level after those 3 heats then its a 'sudden death' best pair v best pair until a clear result is reached.

Two questions.

1/ The anniversary meeting (which didn’t happen) was included in the price of the season ticket, so it would be a good gesture to throw in tonight’s meeting, don’t you think.

2/ As one Rye House meeting didn’t take place, it’s appears the cost of the season ticket has risen by stealth. Don’t you think?

The subject of the Poole v Yarmouth meeting was sold a discounted price on the night leaving season ticket holders out of pocket.

Edited by Aviator
Clarification

5 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Yes there are, but had you said that then i would have understood your post.  Yes i do kow there are many followers of{ Non league football,} even i take an interest in the Poole Town results. One of our track boys is a follower of PT. I also never said you were half hearted, i said your post was. I hope that rectifies things.

Most people by now would stop digging, say "sorry i missed the word "southern" when I read your post and saw only "premier league." My bad and sorry about being a dick about it afterwards."

Not keep blaming the original poster after being literally the only person to must-read it, and then have the temerity to call THEM stupid...

• Like 4

Poirates 48 Rebs 42

4 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Summers seems to be a bit in and out with his health. Injured himself at Redcar on Thursday but still completed the meeting well. Then rode - again well - at Berwick on Saturday but is now claiming a wrist injury? Howarth for BWD and r/r for Summers. Stronger or weaker?  Over to Gavan and SS!

Aaron Summers pulled up in Heat 15 at Berwick on Saturday, couldn't come out for Heat 17.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Be interesting to see where Summers turns up. Will he be mechanic again in the pits for Belle Vue??

Must have got injured at B Vue! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aviator said:

Two questions.

1/ The anniversary meeting (which didn’t happen) was included in the price of the season ticket, so it would be a good gesture to throw in tonight’s meeting, don’t you think.

2/ As one Rye House meeting didn’t take place, it’s appears the cost of the season ticket has risen by stealth. Don’t you think?

The subject of the Poole v Yarmouth meeting was sold a discounted price on the night leaving season ticket holders out of pocket.

Because they lost out on the Rye House meeting Belle Vue allowed season ticket holders in free for the KO Cup semi final, which was originally excluded.

I think this late change weakens Somerset Howarth 3 from 4 for Wolves in his most recent meeting at Poole plus Lawson can't have a replacement ride 

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Think he was spannering for Etheridge at Belle Vue so I'd be very surprised if he's at Lynn tonight.

Sadly I see a comfortable home win, neither Lawson or Covatti are in good form. 53-37 , I hope I’m wrong though !  

I think whoever  wins will lose to KL 

Edited by Always a RACER