British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Vs Someset Play off semi Final 2nd Leg 01/10/18

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Whoever makes it through to the final from this semi is stuffed basically. Lynn got it as easy as Swindon last year.  

Yep tonight's result is to see who finishes as runners-up

1 minute ago, Orbiter said:

Pearson seems to think there is a curfew at Poole

No - he wondered if there was a curfew because he didn't know.

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

No - he wondered if there was a curfew because he didn't know.

Misheard 

I remember a few years back I was at Rye v Rebels, and both the Rebels reserves were injured and both the ambulances left the track. Rebels were already doing r/r so were down to four . Doyle , Josh G, Nick Morris and Todd Kurtz who was a guest!. The meeting finished at about 11 I think, and the Rebels got a point. The Aussies were chucking a rugby ball around in the centre green during the delay.

There may not be a curfew at Poole but there is for me, I'm off to bed to read my book . I'l watch it in the morning. #had enough

• Like 1

Well if Somerset get through at least next Monday should be worth watching, Wednesday will be a write off unless that track is sorted. 

This is Poole's to lose now with Holder out imho. Reckon the Pirates will get themselves sorted as the meeting goes.

I should have  explained myself more clearly.  Call another ambulance  "999"  and send the two riders with non life threatening injuries to  Poole Hosital (which I recall is minutes from the stadium) - and carry on racing. 

Instead we have an hours delay live on TV. If BT dont screen speedway next year  I wouldnt blame them. Its not good TV and not much fun if you are at the track.

The "Health and Safety"  brigade have really taken over the sport. They cannot race now with the paramedic in the pits - has to be on the centre green apparently.  The sport is ruined by delay delays  delays. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bruno said:

There may not be a curfew at Poole but there is for me, I'm off to bed to read my book . I'l watch it in the morning. #had enough

I think I'll join you Bruno, well in a manner of speaking,  it's not easy viewing by any means.

Is this the slow version of “Fast Freddie” ? - he has looked poor in both his rides

Somerset down to 5 riders. if poole don't pull this back what a choke it will be. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

I should have  explained myself more clearly.  Call another ambulance  "999"  and send the two riders with non life threatening injuries to  Poole Hosital (which I recall is minutes from the stadium) - and carry on racing. 

Instead we have an hours delay live on TV. If BT dont screen speedway next year  I wouldnt blame them. Its not good TV and not much fun if you are at the track.

The "Health and Safety"  brigade have really taken over the sport. They cannot race now with the paramedic in the pits - has to be on the centre green apparently.  The sport is ruined by delay delays  delays. 

They have said viewing has been up and they are more than happy with the numbers this season so far

22 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

IRR is

Poole not Harris or Josh G

Somerset  all bar Doyle

All? They only have 5 riders, 4 discounting Doyle.

Time for Middlo to go ?      Riders not up for tonight.   Somerset seem more fired up.