British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Vs Someset Play off semi Final 2nd Leg 01/10/18

1 minute ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Just watched the race again.

Why didn't Doyle close the door on Harris? Nicki Pedersen wouldn't have let Harris passed.

This is a play-off semi-final, show some desire and desperation.

Come on!!!!!

Doyle's desire and desperation will be to make the GP top 8, not to get wiped out in a British League meeting. Can't blame him for not being desperate with the recent injuries he'shad too.

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Come on!!!!!

Doyle's desire and desperation will be to make the GP top 8, not to get wiped out in a British League meeting. Can't blame him for not being desperate with the recent injuries he'shad too.

I dunno. Did he know Bomber was there, or expect it..

Edited by Bald Bloke

I don't think he could do anything about Bomber, momentum was in his favour and Doyle just became a passenger,  had Harris been able to strike earlier in the race the outcome may have been different but there was just no time for Doyle to recover, brilliant ride from Harris, one of the all time great passing manoeuvres.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Just watched the race again.

Why didn't Doyle close the door on Harris? Nicki Pedersen wouldn't have let Harris passed.

This is a play-off semi-final, show some desire and desperation.

Would be hard for any rider to defend against a dive like that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Come on!!!!!

In my opinion he is to blame. Left the gap for Harris, to which he took brilliantly. 

1 minute ago, BurntFaceMan said:

I'm sure Doyle will give Bomber huge credit when he watches it back.

I thought Doyle could of closed the door, but I'm sure if he could of he would of done 

On quiet reflection it was a brilliant spectacle of a match, it had everything, sadly the injuries but it all added to the drama, well done Poole on a great result and well done Chris Harris, what a guy.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

I was talking about the run to the line. Doyle should have gone in a diagonal towards the fence, Harris would have been left with no choice but to shut off the throttle.

Nicki pulled off the move a couple of weeks ago, I think it was against Tai.

Edited by JeremyCorbynFan

I'd like to see it again. But watched in on the I pad when I got home from Lynn. Couldn't record it. Will check Youtube out tomorrow.

57 minutes ago, Mark said:

how many points did he get, what is his away average ?

I don't know, I don't care. He overtook Klindt to win a heat & followed Covatti past Worrall. Other than that he was terrible.

Sensational ride by Harris there

Just a shame that Somerset lose due to injury but that’s the sport and Poole can only beat what was in front of them

Losing Jack Holder weakened Somerset as did only having 3 riders in heat 13. 

2 points from a guest 

4 from r/r

4 from IRR

Poole didn’t exactly have much to beat

With 2 fit teams it’s obvious Somerset would have walked it but that’s the way it goes

Shame both semis were spoilt by injuries 

Now of course Poole can bring in a better rider than Kurtz 

Advantage Poole 

Edited by Gavan

Well what a night. Talk about a range of emotions. Well done and commiserations to the Rebels. Brilliant mid-meeting bursts for Poole plus of course the amazing heat 15 and Bomber catching Doyle on the line.

Haven't seen the TV version yet - that'll be for tomorrow.

Sleep well Poole fans.

Morris for Brady at home (6.75+ 5%); Musielak away I expect.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Sensational ride by Harris there

Just a shame that Somerset lose due to injury but that’s the sport and Poole can only beat what was in front of them

Losing Jack Holder weakened Somerset as did only having 3 riders in heat 13. 

With 2 fit teams it’s obvious Somerset would have walked it but that’s the way it goes

Shame both semis were spoilt by injuries 

Now of course Poole can bring in a better rider than Kurtz 

Advantage Poole 

Kurtz last 2 Lynn meetings 5.9.. Toby 8.01..Thats who I would bring in.

1 hour ago, JimMcDonald said:

Chris 'Bomber' Harris you F'in beauty lol. Rolling back the years. To think Shovlar wasn't happy when Matt signed him.

I was wrong. Simple as that. Bomber brought with him too many negative memories for me to contemplate, but truth is he has said he ows Poole and is certainly paying it back.

Well onto tonight and what a brilliant, brilliant meeting. It had the lot. Drama, crashes (of which I don’t like) drama, edge of your seat nerve jangling races and the ultimate of heat 15’s.

The grandstand went absolutely ballistic. One forum member invaded the dog track and nearly got evicted. 

The loss of Brady in his first ride and I thought it was curtains. I didn’t know at the time as it wasn’t announced for at least 30 minutes that Holder was also out, which evened it up. If Holder had been OK Somerset would have romped it. Heard just before leaving that Holder may not have broken anything, just a big bump on the head. Brady has a broken collar bone and his season is run.

Couple of thoughts. When Doyle fell he looked for it. It was clear he did a Nicki and dumped the bike in the hope of a rerun. The crowd were baying, shouting, out, out out. Huge roar when the white light came on. Poor call from Doyle who could probably have got second if he had stayed up, which at the end could have put Somerset through.

Heat 15 and Klindt to me made the perfect start. Gutted the ref called it back. Spoke to Nicolai afterwards and he was frustrated about it.

As for Bomber, never thought he would close on Doyle and get through. In fact on the third lap thought he was almost going to fall. To win by half a bike was just phenomenal. Never seen the grandstand erupt like that. 

Commiserations to Somerset who battled all the way. Wasn’t many Somerset fans present which was a suprise considering how many Poole fans headed to the Oak Tree. 

But a meeting like that shuts up all the people who moan about the Poole track. Just shows it produces excellent racing and is one of the best race tracks in the UK.

• Like 3