British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Vs Someset Play off semi Final 2nd Leg 01/10/18

7 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Any of your HL’s I believe 

I thought that after I wrote it - thanks

Well done to Poole on reaching the final - fantastic heat 15 for Bomber and clinching it for Poole. 

Such a shame that the Entonox twins (see Instagram) were taken out so early in the meeting - hope both are ok and have a speedy recovery.

Poole were lucky but that doesn’t matter - they won and are in the final.

Edited by Steve0

musielak said on twitter that was his last meeting this season or though if he was ask would he change his mind

Edited by ray c

18 minutes ago, SomersetBlue said:

Because us losing Holder hurt a lot more than Poole losing Kurtz. With a poor guest performance and having to cover for two r/rs and Doyle not being able to take one of them meaning 4 riders to take the hit. 

The accident caused by Kurtz on Holder  was the defining moment of this 2nd leg .    When you go into a meeting already using RR , you cannot afford another rider to go missing.   especially ne who would have taken an extra ride through that RR.    Losing Holder was far greater lost for Somerset than Kurtz was for Poole.   To be honest they  struggled to beat a one man team.   Fair dues to Bomber  for a brilliant heat 15 win,   but fortunes shone on  Poole...

• Like 3

Not watching the meeting I would like to know how Poole were lucky??

both sides lost their second heatleader through what seems a racing incident. 

Harris rode like a number one tonight but their main priority for next season must be a 9 point top number one.

Everyone said Poole were reliant on their reserves , mainly Gavan in other posts that I have not got time to look back for. Yet they were massively outscored in that department lastnight. 

they were bottom of the league only a matter of months ago now they are in the play off final , and have every chance of winning it. 

Their not my favourite club, a lot of their fans are clowns but you have to give them credit for that performance lastnight.

Lynn will need Iversen firing if they are to have any chance of beating Poole over two legs, hes one of my favourite riders but his form in general this season has been absolutely awful.

9 minutes ago, g13webb said:

The accident caused by Kurtz on Holder  was the defining moment of this 2nd leg .    When you go into a meeting already using RR , you cannot afford another rider to go missing.   especially ne who would have taken an extra ride through that RR.    Losing Holder was far greater lost for Somerset than Kurtz was for Poole.   To be honest they  struggled to beat a one man team.   Fair dues to Bomber  for a brilliant heat 15 win,   but fortunes shone on  Poole...

A one man team? With both reserves scoring double figures? 

Kurtz could of had a blinder and Holder a poor meeting so we will never know the outcome had they raced.

• Like 1

Of course Poole were lucky , the vast majority of their fans realise that but as I’ve said you can only beat what’s in front of you.

Somerset were down to 5 riders and one of those in Howarth was poor. Guest and r/r got 6 between them.

And if you read posts I did say that Somerset had the only reserves that could trouble Pooles 

Allen and Covatti had a spell mid meeting where they simply ran out of steam. 

Has Somerset had a full team they wouldn’t have had 7 rides each and also only go with 3 riders in one heat!

Im pretty sure the usual people will say it’s anti Poole because they can’t see past the end of their nose but it’s pretty obvious that a full Somerset side would have won.

And the loss of Holder affected Somerset far more as they were running r/r already ..... don’t think Pooles reserves had to have 7 rides each to help cover losing Brady or running a race with only 1 rider so quite clearly that was a huge loss for Somerset 

Things have fallen nicely for Poole not their fault... no injuries all season..... a weakened team in the semi final and now they can replace Kurtz with someone who goes better at Lynn

Obviously not good to see Kurtz and Holder injured but that crash effectively put Somerset on the back foot 

• Like 1

All if, buts and maybe’s. End of the day both teams affected by losing a rider. Both teams picked up 7 points from irr. So no advantage gained by either side in the meeting.

The winner was Kings Lynn because whichever team progressed last night they will be weaker in the final because of it. 

But what a night. Just great speedway in front of a very big crowd. Will be packed next week to the rafters. 

End of the day Poole fully deserved to go through, after the brilliant performance two weeks ago where we held Somerset on their own patch. 

A fabulous effort from the boys to shut up all the people on here with their jibes and riducules. 

Sure, we go into the final as the underdogs and rightly so. But never underestimate a Pirate!

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Of course Poole were lucky , the vast majority of their fans realise that but as I’ve said you can only beat what’s in front of you.

Somerset were down to 5 riders and one of those in Howarth was poor. Guest and r/r got 6 between them.

And if you read posts I did say that Somerset had the only reserves that could trouble Pooles 

Allen and Covatti had a spell mid meeting where they simply ran out of steam. 

Has Somerset had a full team they wouldn’t have had 7 rides each and also only go with 3 riders in one heat!

Im pretty sure the usual people will say it’s anti Poole because they can’t see past the end of their nose but it’s pretty obvious that a full Somerset side would have won.

And the loss of Holder affected Somerset far more as they were running r/r already ..... don’t think Pooles reserves had to have 7 rides each to help cover losing Brady or running a race with only 1 rider so quite clearly that was a huge loss for Somerset 

Things have fallen nicely for Poole not their fault... no injuries all season..... a weakened team in the semi final and now they can replace Kurtz with someone who goes better at Lynn

Obviously not good to see Kurtz and Holder injured but that crash effectively put Somerset on the back foot 

You may make some valid points but how is Howarth being poor bad luck? Riders riding poor is not bad luck .

There is no guarantee Holder would of outscored Kurtz had they both completed their rides . 

R/R for Summers scored more than he has managed at Poole this season. 

Sadly both teams lost their second heatleaders , Somerset went into a big lead and a Harris inspired Poole clawed them back and done the buisness. End of.

Special mention to Nicolai Klindt. Ridiculed by Gavan on here who came on to gloat just a couple of days ago, the guy was superb last night.  

Since coming into the team he has been rock solid and last night was the unsung hero. He was robbed by the ref in heat 15 but in all his rides he battled hard and never gave up. Well done that man. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Are you allowed to bring in another rider to replace Kurtz who has already ridden in the PLay offs i.e. Muselik. Thought that rule was brought in some time ago.

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Special mention to Nicolai Klindt. Ridiculed by Gavan on here who came on to gloat just a couple of days ago, the guy was superb last night.  

Since coming into the team he has been rock solid and last night was the unsung hero. He was robbed by the ref in heat 15 but in all his rides he battled hard and never gave up. Well done that man. 

Klindt is riding really well these days both for Poole and Worky,best I have seen him perform.

All credit they were dead and buried being 12 points Down, On aggregate.   Never keep a good man down.   The Doyle decision in Heat 11 could have gone either way.  If that had been at Somerset, then its all 4 back.  Away from home, he gets chucked out.  That's the way the cookie crumbles.  Weak Refereeing.   

Thought Gary May and Doyle took it on the chin...  No tantrums, just accepted it.   All Credit to them.