British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Vs Someset Play off semi Final 2nd Leg 01/10/18

4 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

I thought you could only have a guest for your number 1 r/r after that ?

You can have a guest for any of your top 3 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, iand said:

Are you allowed to bring in another rider to replace Kurtz who has already ridden in the PLay offs i.e. Muselik. Thought that rule was brought in some time ago.

The regs state that no rider whose team is in the play-offs may guest. Therefore, Musielak should be okay.

Edited by tocha

9 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Come on!!!!!

Doyle's desire and desperation will be to make the GP top 8, not to get wiped out in a British League meeting. Can't blame him for not being desperate with the recent injuries he'shad too.

the injuries Doyle has had ,and will continue toi have  are all self infilcted , he is  desperate and dangerous , everybody is now aware of his first bend bullying .and the young Poles dont care and dish it back out ,that's why he's struggling for a top 8 place .. the gating tart of all gating tarts

1 minute ago, semion said:

All credit they were dead and buried being 12 points Down, On aggregate.   Never keep a good man down.   The Doyle decision in Heat 11 could have gone either way.  If that had been at Somerset, then its all 4 back.  Away from home, he gets chucked out.  That's the way the cookie crumbles.  Weak Refereeing.   

Thought Gary May and Doyle took it on the chin...  No tantrums, just accepted it.   All Credit to them.

I thought the ref was weak.   you don't have to fall off for the Ref to put on the red light.   It was clear there was a coming together between Dolye and Woryna ,  and the Ref could have seen this as an  unsatisfactory start and ordered a rerun straight away.   Doyle obviously thought he was penalised and laid his bike down.     Because of the Ref actions she makes out Dolye was the guilty party when in fact infact it was the Ref herself…..   Terrible decision... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, semion said:

All credit they were dead and buried being 12 points Down, On aggregate.   Never keep a good man down.   The Doyle decision in Heat 11 could have gone either way.  If that had been at Somerset, then its all 4 back.  Away from home, he gets chucked out.  That's the way the cookie crumbles.  Weak Refereeing.   

Thought Gary May and Doyle took it on the chin...  No tantrums, just accepted it.   All Credit to them.

Sadly the Bspa plan to liven up the meeting  with some controversial refereeing  didn't work ,  no need for any tantrums from Doyle .he tried to lean on somebody as usual and fell off , he didn't need to go down  ,and even one of the worst 3 referees in the world could see that

• Like 2

Just now, g13webb said:

I thought the ref was weak.   you don't have to fall off for the Ref to put on the red light.   It was clear there was a coming together between Dolye and Woryna ,  and the Ref could have seen this as an  unsatisfactory start and ordered a rerun straight away.   Doyle obviously thought he was penalised and laid his bike down.     Because of the Ref actions she makes out Dolye was the guilty party when in fact infact it was the Ref herself…..   Terrible decision... 

good job it wasn't nicki . everybody would be screaming ban him he's a dangerous idiot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SomersetBlue said:

Because us losing Holder hurt a lot more than Poole losing Kurtz. With a poor guest performance and having to cover for two r/rs and Doyle not being able to take one of them meaning 4 riders to take the hit. 

Maybe maybe not, its a shame both got inujured, but it was the same for both sides.

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

No he won’t - unless Poole have another rider out - R/R only

or can you have a guest for any of your HLs?  Too many rule changes - it’s hard to keep up

Wrong Steve, we can have a guest for one of our top 3.

21 minutes ago, adonis said:

the injuries Doyle has had ,and will continue toi have  are all self infilcted , he is  desperate and dangerous , everybody is now aware of his first bend bullying .and the young Poles dont care and dish it back out ,that's why he's struggling for a top 8 place .. the gating tart of all gating tarts

Probably the most stupid thing I’ve ever read. You don’t like him fair enough but to say his injuries are self inflicted is idiotic. By that reasoning all speedway injuries and deaths are self inflicted, because everybody bullies be it first bend or any other part of the track, it’s called racing. it’s desire to win that’s why he is a world champion. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Maybe maybe not, its a shame both got inujured, but it was the same for both sides.

Not quite the same Somerset was a rider down already 

• Like 2

A fabulous finish to what could have been a disaster after the delays at the beginning. I was rooting for Somerset, so was disappointed that they lost out - but what away to finish, with the move from Bomber. I thing Doyle was looking round too much in that race. Had he kept his head down and just gone for the win I think he would have won it.

The Rebels were disadvantaged big time by Holder getting wiped out. Although both riders were injured, Holder was the innocent party in the crash. Plus he missed all his rides, but Somerset couldn't use Doyle as a replacement.

It reminded me a bit of Swindon last year, with the side struggling in the middle heats due to the long gaps between Doyle's races.

Doyle's exclusion could have gone either way really. No doubt he laid the bike down, but the start itself could be called unsatisfactory as the riders did bump. No argument either way, really.

Now that Somerset are out, I would like to see Poole win the final - mainly because there is no centre green at King's Lynn and I find that SO annoying.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rocketrod said:

Probably the most stupid thing I’ve ever read. You don’t like him fair enough but to say his injuries are self inflicted is idiotic. By that reasoning all speedway injuries and deaths are self inflicted, because everybody bullies be it first bend or any other part of the track, it’s called racing. it’s desire to win that’s why he is a world champion. 

how many of his crashes have been caused by another rider  ?

33 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Totally disagree. Showed a strong ref, not accepting the professional dive from Doyle. It was clear to everyone in the stadium he laid it down to get a refund. He could have stayed on the bike no issue, so the ref chucked him out. It could have been so easy to say all 4 back but why give Doyle another go when he was clearly outgated the first time around and took it upon himself to do a dying swan act. 

33 minutes ago, adonis said:

Sadly the Bspa plan to liven up the meeting  with some controversial refereeing  didn't work ,  no need for any tantrums from Doyle .he tried to lean on somebody as usual and fell off , he didn't need to go down  ,and even one of the worst 3 referees in the world could see that

Absolutely he didn’t need to go down. Would have at least got second if he had stayed up so cost his club dearly in the final summary. 

For those not able to make the after meeting press conference last night, here it is in full.

• Like 1